The Day Before

It has been a few days since the incident with Thausri Dhusyasan and Thausri Dhuryodhan. Since then, I have completely healed and I am able to walk and do everything I was able to do before this incident. I am going back to the battlefield tomorrow and because of this, I have been and am training to get back into shape since I have not been doing any physical exercise for the last couple of days. Participating in the war tomorrow will be very hard if I am not in shape. "Prince Abhimanyu?" one of the servants called.

"Yes?" I said stopping my practice.

"Your mother is calling you."

"Alright, where is she?"

"She is in the main tent"

"Ok I will go. Thank You." As I said that, the servant left, leaving me to wonder what this was about. For the past couple of days, my mother had been calling me, giving me all types of gifts for me to use during the war. So far, she has given me a new armour; that I definitely needed since my old one/other one became all bloody and had fallen apart; a new sword, a new bow, and new clothes. But all of those things were necessary for me since all of the weapons were either broken or lost in the war and the clothes were all bloody and ripped. All of the items that I needed were given to me in the past couple of days. I wonder what else my mother was planning on giving me. Well, I guess the only way to find out was for me to go and see!

As I walked inside the tent, not only was my mother sitting there, my father, thausris, kaksris, mamasri, mother-in-law, father-in-law, wife and brothers were all standing there. This was definitely not normal. Every time my mother had called me to give me something, she was alone. Maybe they all just wanted to talk to me. But why were they all staring at me? "Mother? You called?"

"Yes Abhimanyu. Come here." as I walked towards her and took a better look at her face, I realized that she had an excited look on her face! "Abhimanyu! Are you excited to go to the battlefield tomorrow?"

"Yes Mother! Of course I am. Why?

"Well, Abhimanyu, we all know how your raksha kavach fell off your arm in the morning of that day... So your older mother created a new one for you to wear. This will protect you from the kauravas."

"Alright Mother. I will wear it." I wondered if they got my brothers the same raksha kavach. They probably did after what Thausri Dhuryodhan did to me. I don't think they would want to take chances with any of us.

"Now go get some sleep. You need to be fully awake tomorrow when you enter the battle field"

"Ok father. Good night" I said as I touched all of their feet for blessings and left the tent to sleep. As I was doing this, Mamasri Krishna walked up behind me.

"So are you scared about tomorrow?"

"Not really. After all, older mother and mother have given me a raksha kavach and this time I will make sure it stays on. Mamasri did you know? One time when Ang Raj Karn tried to shoot me with his arrow it bounced off me without harming me due to this kavach?"

"Oh really? That is nice. Well alright then. You better get to sleep then."

"Ok Mamasri. Good Night!" After seeking blessings one more time I went to bed.