The Beggining

The pain started to sit in now. I could barely stand. I started wobbling around like a duck and suddenly, I felt a hand tugging at my hand. As I turned around I saw that it was Karna. He pulled me all the way to his horse cart and made me sit in the back with my hands and legs tied. I was so tired and in pain that I just wanted to sleep but every time my eyes shut he would slap me. Maybe it was because he thought that if I had my eyes closed for too long then I would die. As soon as we reached his shelter, he pulled me up by the back of my armour and made me sit in a corner of his tent, probably till he figured out what to do with me. I closed my eyes and for once in this day my pain had reduced a big amount. I could feel my legs again and this time they were not aching as much as they did when Thausri Dhusyasan hit me with his gadha there. I knew that it was just my karma (probably from a previous lifetime), but what I didn't understand was why it had to be today. And why these people that I should be able to trust with my life since they are my father's cousin brothers. I didn't understand what I could have done that was so horrible for me to deserve this. And what my actual Thausris and Kakashris did to deserve to watch me dying and getting tortured.

"...put Abhimanyu in the throne room. I'll deal with him there. I think he will make quite a nice foot rest."

"Friend Dhuryodhan think about it, he is already in such pain. Please don't put him through any more. If you ask me we should call Nakul and Sehadhev and ask them to heal him. Since they are not strong enough to take on all of us by themselves, they will not try to take him but since they want him to comfortable they will come. We can take him to the battle field tomorrow and show Arjun how we captured his son. We can even tie him up if you'd like. But please, don't put him through anymore pain then he is already going through. It is not in humanity. What we did today in the battle field is Adharm(against society rules). We all fought against one lone boy together when we had agreed that only one warrior against the other and both should have the same type of weapon. If the person is weapon less then you do hand to hand combat. We broke all the rules today. Let's not do anymore Adharm....please heal him." Karna said on my behalf. I was so thankful that he said that because I knew that they were going to break my spine or something that would hurt twice as much as everything that was hurting right now.  Plus, if they healed me, I would be able to fight my way out of here and run back to my camp where I would be able to assure my Thausris, Kakashris, mothers, brothers and Utara that I was alright. Not to mention my mamasris and grandfather.

      "No friend. Abhimanyu is our greatest protection right now. If we fracture his spine then take him to the battle field, it will have twice the effect on Arjun. Abhimanyu won't be able to stand and he will yell if we so much as move him. We will fracture his spine today and there is nothing you can do about it. If you want top save him pain then you are on the Pandavas side. Someone who is not loyal to me cannot be aloud to live."

" No friend! I am not loyal to the Pandavas! I just can't stand to see a child who is so strong and is the best warrior of all the land such as Abhimanyu be in so much pain because of the way we tricked and cheated him. Friend dhuryodan, did you not notice how much pain Abhimanyu was in today? Yet like a true warrior did not let his enemies know of his pain? He is such a strong boy but only couldn't fight us because it was 6 to 1 today at the battle field. Please friend, let us not fracture his spine. His pain will be to much for me to handle."

"Karna, if it is too much for you to handle then you do not need to watch me fracture his spine but one thing for sure is that his spine will get fractured today." I was so confused. Why was thausri Dhuryodan so determined to fracture my spine?

As I opened my eyes, I saw thausri dhuryodan standing at the door holding his gadha. I instantly knew that he was here to fracture my spine because Karna wasn't with him.

"Lie down son! On your stomach. Maybe that will give you some relief to the pain you are feeling. Guards!" Thausri Dhuryodan yelled. 2 guards ran in and in the softest possible way they could have done it, made me lie on my stomach. Thausri Dhuryodan was right. It did subside the pain a little but only for a second for the next second he started to hit my spine with his gadha using as much strength add he had. I stayed quite for about 5 min but then it really started to hurt so I yelled as loud as I could. I thought that maybe if I gave him the satisfaction of me screaming then he would stop but boy was I wrong. He just kept on going until I suddenly couldn't feel below my neck. I stopped screaming because I knew that Thausri Dhuryodan had succeeded in fracturing my spine. When Thausri heard my stop screaming, he stopped hitting me(I think) and picked me up. I could no longer balance my head or stand so I just looked down while he held my weight. For about 2 min. I heard him laugh at me until I felt my head being lifted.
"You must feel so helpless right son? It's good. You must know that I am more powerful than you. This is your punishment for trapping me while my brothers were killed by your evil Thausri Bheem. This is what you and your family deserves." I just looked at him not sure how to respond. He let go of me and I fell hitting my head. After all the pain I had gone through today, this was nothing, but as I fell i also hit my back which triggered the pain to come back. I started screaming again and then understood that nobody here would help me. When I stopped screaming though, I heard sobs coming from my right side. I would have turned if I could but I was still paralyzed. The person came to stand in front of my face and I saw that it was my grandmother Kunti. She picked me up in her gentle cool arms and made me sit up against the mattress that was in the tent.

"What happened to you son? Why are you unable to move?" She asked me holding up my face. She obviously hadn't received the news about Thausri fracturing my spine.

"In the war today, Karna brought me here to try to stop me from dying but just as we got here, Thausri Dhuryodan fractured my spine and now I am paralyzed neck down. This is why I am unable to balance my head."

"What about all this blood coming out of you? Did you get Stabbed or hit with arrows?"

"Both grandmother. Mamasri Shakuni stabbed me in the back ah! Twice and the second time broke a few bones. Guru Dhrone, Karna, Thausri Dhusyasan, Ashwathama and Mamasri Shakuni shot me with arrows.