13. Plan In Action

So, a lot of people keep getting this confused, so I thought I'd clarify real quick: Chuck is Lindsey's brother. Mike is just a friend of Trevor's. It will be explained in more detail later. Hope that makes more sense. :D

---

"So, Mike, huh?" I say, wiggling my eyebrows at Lindsey who sits across from me on the floor.

We've just spent the afternoon together being typical girls. By this, I mean chewing on day-old pizza while watching 'Neighbors' on her computer and sipping iced-tea. I'm just hanging in Lindsey's dorm until I have to meet up with Trevor. I thought it'd be a good way to distract myself, but so far, it's not working.

"Hmm?" She looks up at me briefly before returning to clipping her toenails.

"Oh, come on," I groan. "Like it's not obvious. You two were flirting up a storm at the lake today."

Lindsey snorts in amusement but doesn't respond.

"Come on! Out with it!" I bellow sarcastically, using my best proper English accent. She giggles, but I don't miss how she tries to hide her face from view.

"What?" she finally says when I just continue to watch her, hoping to pull a confession from her with my heated stare. She looks at me before rolling her eyes. I glimpse a mini smile tugging her lips.

"Fine," she huffs. "Yes, he's mildly attractive... and extremely entertaining." She pauses to eye me cautiously. "He asked me out." She squeals, and I just stare at her for a moment before what she says finally registers.

"Ahhh!" My delayed reaction is completely over the top, and I realize I may have had a bit too much sweet tea at this point.

Lindsey doesn't seem to notice my exaggerated behavior, as we both scream like young teenagers. I take a bite of my stale pizza before crossing my legs and turning to face her head on. "Okay. Tell me everything," I encourage.

Her need to release another squeal is obvious, but she contains herself, her eyes dancing as she speaks.

"Well, at the lake, after you and Trevor started chatting," she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, and I realize just how often she does that, "Mike and I decided to leave you two in peace. We had a small water fight, and then at one point he put me in a headlock and dunked me underwater. Anyway, we were messing around for a while when he suddenly just asked me, like completely unexpectedly, to go on a date with him. And, of course, I said 'no'."

I gape at her.

"What? I wasn't going to make it that easy on him," she defends. "I've liked the guy for years. Like, since Sophomore year of high school, but we were always just friends. I figured I had to make him suffer a little." She giggles evilly.

"And..."

"So as soon as we got back to campus, he texted me to meet him."

"Let me guess... you said no," I say.

She smiles sheepishly. "I just wanted to see how hard he'd go after me," she explains.

"Well..." Sweet tea makes me impatient I guess, but that doesn't stop me. I take another sip as she goes on.

"A few minutes later someone is banging on my door."

"And it's him." I'm about ready to slap myself silly because I keep interrupting, but my mouth can't help it.

"Yep."

"And... what happened?"

"Nothing," she explains as she returns to working on her toes. "He just walked right in, got comfortable on my bed, and started flipping through my Cosmo magazine."