27. I'll take a Burger, Pizza, Fries...

I had left Mercy to sleep away her life, and have spent nearly two hours at the library catching up on homework. It was the best time to do it because most everyone was still in class, so I had no distractions. That is until my phone chimed.

Mercy needs you ASAP. She's in your dorm room. - Lindsey

Oh no! I bolt from my seat, throwing all my books into my bag, and dart out of the library. I'm run/walking like a nerd as I make my way back to Samantha Hall as fast as possible.

I've already attempted to write Lindsey back, but in my rush, I'm not even sure if my text made any sense. I don't care too much at the moment. I just wouldn't have been able to handle it if something bad happened to Mercy just because of a stupid prank. What if she was suffocating under all that plastic? I don't think I'd be able to live with any more guilt.

I'm huffing and puffing by the time I get back to my room, and I swing open my room door in a panic.

"Mercy?" I gasp, as I drop my bag and rush to her side. She's still wrapped under sheets of Saran wrap.

"Oh, Emma. Hey." She smiles at me, and I'm completely confused.

"Are you okay?" I ask, as my eyes scan over her for anything unusual.

She shoots me a look that makes me feel about two inches tall and then starts laughing. "I'm good," she sings. "I'm just starving. So I was wondering if you could maybe, possibly..."

I already know she's going to ask me to cut her lose, and I'm about ready to when her question stops me.

"... get me a burger and fries?"

I stare at her for about five seconds too long before I snap out of it. "You... what?"

"Fine, maybe just a pizza. I guess it'd be easier for you to feed me pizza than a burger."

And now I'm completely lost. "Huh?"

"Or just a large... no, extra-large fries." She's nearly begging, and once again I imagine that she's wrapped in the cocoon of a spider's web, and a smile springs to my lips before I start laughing hysterically.

"Mercy." I'm gasping to breathe. "First of all, it's nine-thirty, you can't be that hungry. Second of all, how the heck are you still comfortable in there?"

"It's actually not bad," she says as she looks down at her trapped body. "Kinda cozy." She finds my gaze and then sighs. "Fine, why don't you just call Seth and he'll bring me some food."

No matter how badly I would love to watch this take place, I just can't bring myself to let her struggle any longer.

"I'll just free you and then you can call Seth, whoever he is, to take you out for breakfast." I grab a pair of scissors from my desk and am just about to start cutting away the plastic when I freeze. "Actually, no. Wait. I can't do this." I rub a hand through my hair. "I'm just too curious to see how long you'll last in here."

I know it's evil, but I can't help it. This prank was too good to just let go to waste. I have to let it play out. Plus, I really wanna feed her a burger. I expect to see Mercy glaring at me when I meet her gaze, but instead, there's a twinkle in her eyes.

"Yeah, I get it." She attempts to shrug. "I'd do the same thing. But be warned—payback stings."

I squint my eyes at her, giving her my best 'Bring it on' smirk to let her know I'm not afraid, but she only laughs. I make my way to the door only to be stopped by her voice.

"Be quick with my food or I might just chew my way out of here."

"That might be worth watching," I shoot back.

---

An hour later, Mercy is fed and my homework is complete. Let's just say that feeding Mercy a juicy burger was the highlight of my whole week. Watching the sauces drip down her chin to pool in the hollow of her throat was so satisfying. Babies don't even come close to making the type of mess Mercy did. It had soaked into her hair and her sheets. I nearly felt bad, but since she wasn't complaining, I decided it wasn't something to be concerned about. She only seemed to care about one thing: putting food in mouth.

I referred to her as a bear when sleeping, but right now she was like a bear awakening from hibernation, as she scarfed down her fries. I laughed tears as I shoved more food at her. She didn't even notice my amusement.

Now I'm curled up on my bed watching reruns of 'Friends' on my laptop when my phone buzzes. I open the message from Lindsey after pausing my show.

Get dressed. Mike and I are going on a date but we need another couple to join us. Trevor already agreed.

I put Friends on pause. I've got more important things to do now. 

---

Sorry for the uber short chapter. This one used to be combined with the next chapter, but when I got complaints of long chapters, I broke them up. I guess on wattpad, people prefer short over long. Ah well.  :)

Anyway, thanks for sticking with the story so far. I know you've all got a lot of questions about Emma and Trinity's past, but I PROMISE they will all be answered. And, I've thrown in a few fun moments with Trevor too. So, feel free to stop reading this stupid A/N and skip along to that next chapter. Lol XD

*hugs you all at the same time* 

Later! <3