28. Eat, Chill, Chat, Eat, Sleep...

I'm dressed casually in a plain black jumper matched with a chunky black necklace and simple peep-toe heels. My make-up is light and delicate as usual, especially since I'm still trying to solidify it in Trevor's mind that I am an innocent good girl. The bully in me has officially died.

I hum a sickeningly off-tune version of Florence and the Machine's 'Cosmic love' as I plug in my diffuser. Gotta treat my curls with care or they turn into a heaping wild mess of frizz or a limp mop of wannabe waves. Once satisfied with my appearance I emerge from the bathroom only to find a strange boy sitting at the foot of Mercy's bed.

She is the strangest human I've ever encountered. She's chit chatting casually with the boy as if they're sitting in a cozy little coffee shop, when in reality she's still wrapped in her bed. I don't know how she hasn't sweat herself into a puddle of freedom yet.

Knowing the amount of sweat I produce on a normal day, I probably would have died in my sleep from dehydration. I mean, it's not like she's only wrapped in plastic; she also has a pile of blankets underneath the Saran wrap, which just seals all that heat perfectly in with her.

"Uh, hi." I wave awkwardly when the boy glances up at me.

"Hey?" he replies as if questioning why I'm in my own dorm room.

I grab my purse from the top of my dresser and turn to face Mercy. "You planning to make that your new home?" I question.

She takes a look at herself and then sends me a smile. I'm relieved to see that she has, at least, found a way to free her arms from bondage. "It's really not so bad in here," she tells me. "It's an excuse to watch movies all day, eat, chill, chat, eat, sleep... uh, eat."

The boy on the floor doesn't even seem bothered by the fact that she's trapped. As if this is a normal occurrence for him.

"You do realize you haven't moved in like..." I look at the time on my phone, "close to 8 hours, right? And that's not including last night."

She just shrugs in response.

I happen to know that she does have one class on Fridays but she seems totally unconcerned. 

"Okay," I say under my breath. "Well, I'm heading out. Not sure when I'll be back. You two have fun."

---

I was given directions to a certain pub that I don't remember the name of, and readjust my outfit as I step out from my car. I'm feeling uncharacteristically nervous. I mean, I just spoke to Trevor today and everything was fine, so why the sudden sweaty palms?

I push my hair back from my face and saunter into the dimly lit bar. It's surprisingly easy to breathe in here since apparently, by the signs posted all over, there's no smoking allowed inside the building. I usually hate bars and pubs just for that very reason, so I'm already feeling better about tonight. I hate second-hand smoke.

I scan my surroundings and spot Lindsey and Mike in a corner booth. As I make my way in their direction Lindsey spots me and jumps up to meet me half way. I'm pretty sure she pops a blood vessel in my eye with her bone-crushing hug. I guess this is what I get when we haven't seen each other in nearly a week. She's basically bouncing off the walls as she pulls me towards her table.

"Hey, Mike," I greet, as I slide in across of him.

Mike returns the greeting with a wild grin.

Lindsey instantly wraps her arms around his left bicep and smiles like a buffoon. It's cute... kinda. I mean they've been seeing each other a total of, well, not at all. Tonight is their first date, though I don't believe they've labeled themselves 'official', and yet here I am sitting uncomfortably across from them, watching as they flirt like school girls. Yep, even Mike. I've heard him giggle twice in the last twenty seconds. Trevor better hurry his butt up or my intestines aren't going to make it through the evening.

"So..." I start to ask while drumming my fingers on the table. "What's the plan for tonight? You dragged Trevor and I along because you needed another couple, right?" I'm looking around the interior of the room as I say this, but my attention zeros in on them when they don't respond. I find them both looking at me in shock, and then I realize the error of my words. "Not that we're a couple. We're just... friends. Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Lindsey smiles evilly before reaching across the table to trap my fidgety fingers with her own."Stop tapping or I'll snap your fingers off." It's strange that she's able to say this while wearing the world's sweetest smile. Guess she has a few pet peeves of her own.

I instantly drop my hands into my lap and gawk at her.

Her smile widens even more if that's possible. It's turning into that creepy smile that has me wanting to cover my eyes. "We're going to play pool!" she announces.

I keep staring. "Pool?" I whine. "And you didn't think to give me a heads up?"

"Uh oh." She looks worried. "You hate pool?"

"Uh..." Actually, come to think of it, I didn't actually know if I did or not. "I've never played."

"Oh." Relief floods her face and she relaxes against Mike. "It's easy. Mike here can show ya," she volunteers for him.

"Sure." He squeezes Lindsey closer to his side, and I can't help but wonder if this really is their first date. Do people usually act this gross the first time? Mushy and gushy and googly-eyed. "Want me to teach ya?" he offers, while pointing behind him with his thumb to where I assume the pool tables are.

"Sure." I shrug. Anything to avoid watching the two lovebirds in front of me. I scoot out from the booth and instantly plow into a solid mass. My eyes shoot upwards and latch onto a pair of green eyes. He's holding me in place to prevent me from tumbling backward, but once he realizes that he knows who the clumsy girl in his arms is, a grin perks up his face.

---

Again, sorry for the awkward ending... just remember, the next chapter is a continuation of this chapter (hence the abrupt ending here). 

I hope you like the story enough to vote or comment. 

This chapter is dedicated to @CrestFallenStar for being the first to comment on this story. Thank you! <3