Chapter 4

The group walked inside and passed our table to the one in the far back. As they walked by us, I felt a pair of eyes on me and when I glanced up, mystery boy smirked.

Alicia went over to them while my attention was turned to the two teens in front of me. Kylie was blushing furiously when a blonde boy looked at her, while Merlin was on the verge of growling like a dog at them.

Taking a sharp intake of breath, Merlin decided to ignore them, in which I followed thankfully and we continued our conversation.

"Where did you live before you moved here?" Merlin asked.

"Portland."

"Wow, why'd you move here? I mean from a city so lively to the boring old country side... I just don't get it."

"Well my grandparents are getting old, so we decided to help them out with the farm." I shrugged, it wasn't a lie but it wasn't the truth either. "Plus the scenery is breath taking. Quite inspiring for painting."

"Oh yeah, now that I remember you were buying some painting supplies when I first saw you... You are a painter?" Kylie finally came back to us.

"Yeah. I like it. I can freely express my emotions through my art." I said and an idea popped into my head.

I quickly fished out my sketchbook and a pencil. I looked at Kylie, while she was confused as to what I was doing.

"I'll draw you something while you ask me your questions." I said and she beamed with joy.

"Draw me a dove. I like doves."

I nodded and flipped my sketchbook to a clear page. I figured they'd see some of my earlier sketches, but I payed little attention to those. They were not important.

"Eve, I have to ask you something." Merlin started.

I nodded my head for him to continue, while sketching the base of the dove.

"When you came to town, did you by any chance cross the guy with the long black hair?"

I stopped my hand and peered through my bangs over at the mystery boy. He was having a conversation with another one, but his eyes flickered to me. They locked with mine and I saw mischief and adoration in them. I tarred my gaze away, the minute the girl that sat next to him noticed.

"Yeah, he helped me out." I said. "Why?"

"Eve, that's Felix Mathews. He is rumored to be dangerous and creepy." Kylie said.

"What's so bad about him?" I asked.

"You've probably seen the house up on the hill right?" She asked me, while I slowly nodded. "It is said to be haunted and a gathering for the Devil worshipers."

My mouth formed an 'o' and I processed the new information in my head.

"He's bad news Eve, so stay away from him." I nodded my head and continued with my sketch.

I can't actually tell them now that we kissed... or whatever that was. Lost in my thoughts I quickly finished the dove and ripped out the page. I gave it to Kylie who was very much ecstatic. I already drank my coffee and ate my cake so I decided to get a re-fill of my coffee, which Alicia gladly gave.

"I heard you have twin brothers right?" Kylie asked, munching on her sandwich.

"That's right." I said and looked out the window, only to be greeted by the worst sight in my life.

Kenzie and dad walking down the road, all happy and lovey-dovey. Oh please someone get me a bag to barf in!

Kenzie looked my way and smiled smugly when she saw me. I glared at her with so much hate, that it took me all my will power not flip the bird at her. I turned my attention to the coffee and continued talking with Kylie and Merlin.

Kylie kept glancing at the group and blushing every time the blonde would glance at her. I looked at Merlin to see him annoyed at this, so I decided to ask her about it.

"Alright." I said and caught her attention. "Why do you keep blushing when Goldie locks looks over?"

Kylie blushed even more and everything came crashing down on me. She likes the blonde, while Merlin likes her. But of course nobody is making a move on anybody.

"Looks like rain." Someone said behind me.

I recognized this voice as Jack and decided to ignore the jock. I really wasn't interested. But he just had to sit next to me and even throw his arm around me. From the corner of my eye I saw mystery boy grip his mug and clench his jaw. What's up with that?

"I hope it won't be a big storm like last time." Jack said.

"Afraid of a little lightning?" I teased him and efficiently pealed his arm off me.

"Well everybody's afraid of something." He shrugged.

"Listen Jack, I don't like you nor do I want to get to know you. You are a pain in the ass and I don't date jocks, or assholes like you. So please, go away." I made a shooing gesture and he frowned.

"Calm down, I just want to be friends." He said.

"No, you don't." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "You just want to get into my pants so you can brag about it to your friends."

Merlin chocked on his coffee, while Kylie gripped her glass of strawberry shake. Jack was stunned and got up furious. He glared at Merlin.

"I thought you were my friend man!" he whined.

"Don't look at me." Merlin raised his hands and laughed. "She figured it out all on her own."

I smirked at Jack, who was lost for words. He huffed and stormed off, slamming the door behind him. A silence fell in the room and I averted my gaze from the prying eyes. 

A thumping sound on the window made me look up and note that it started raining. You could hear the soft sound of thunder and I saw Kylie fidget.

"Want to go home?" I asked her.

She nodded and we both got up. Merlin walked us out and joined us for the ride. Before we went out I glanced at Felix, who was already looking at me. I smiled a bit and his eyes looked surprised. I followed Kylie and Merlin to the car and sighed when a loud 'boom' sounded close.

This will be an interesting night.