Chapter 11

Amy and I softly knocked on the big black doors. Today I had the chance to take a good look at the three story victorian house.

It was a welcoming cream color facade and dark black windows. The property was surrounded by maple trees and ravens calmly watched our every move.

The door opened with a creek and Alicia's smiling face greeted me, with a gush of cool wind.

"Eve!" She beamed. "Come on in you two!"

The two of us nodded at her and walked in, me carrying the doll and Amy carrying the painting. Alicia guided us to a different room, this one resembled a study of some sort and Cassandra was sitting on the chaise with a book in her hands, while Felix sat behind the desk.

"Hello." I said shyly, catching their attention.

"Eve dear you came." Cassandra waved me over to sit next to her.

Amy took a seat in an arm chair by the fire place and placed the painting next to him. I sat down next to Cassandra and placed the doll on her lap. She looked at it confused and I giggled.

"I finished the painting you asked of me." I said and nodded for Amy to show them. "I hope it is to your liking."

Amy showed them the picture and Cassandra gasped. She placed her hand over her mouth in shock. Felix was surprised as well and Alicia only nodded in approval.

"This doll was made by my sister and she represents Morrigan as well." I said and stood up. "This is a thank you gift for helping me that night and now if you'll excuise me, I need to leave."

Amy followed after me and I grabbed Alicia's arm and dragged her with me.

"I'm borrowing Alicia for the day!"

* * *

"Eve why didn't you tell us?!" Kylie screamed at me.

"Because it's not a big deal..." I shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"But Eve, your birthday is in a week and you planned to keep it a secret?" Kylie whined.

I nodded and kept on sipping my coffee. Seriously my birthday is in a week, on the 22nd of October and exactly a week after is Halloween. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate Halloween, I hate my birthday. Mainly because I don't get why people get excited at getting older. That just means I'm one step closer to dying.

"Well I'm not gonna have it!" Kylie banged her fist on the table. "You will have a birthday party and you will enjoy it!"

"Kylie you can't force somebody to do what they don't want to do." Merlin said, glancing at his friend.

Kylie let out a groan and my mind traveled back on Alicia's words. Serena is an odd person. For some reason she is so engrossed with evoking a demon that it blinds her. I fear she will bring us to our deaths. I still don't understand what's happening. More or less, Serena might succeed in evoking a demon and then we're seriously screwed. Playing with black magic is not fun kids, so don't try it at home.

"If I let you throw me a party this year, will you leave my birthday alone for the rest of eternity?" I asked and Alicia chuckled.

"Yes!" Kylie beamed.

I just dug my own grave.

The door to the diner opened and Felix walked in, Serena on his arm and his gang behind him. They passed our booth and Serena glared at me. Amy then decided to stretch his foot and make sure Serena fell over it, which she did.

"My bad, didn't see you there." He shrugged, making us chuckle.

Serena stood up and glared at my mug of coffee. The mug became hot, but not to the point where it burned my arms. Alicia started laughing like a maniac when I smiled at the pink haired girl.

"Thank you, it was getting a bit cold." I smiled smugly and that's all it took for her to scream out in frustration.

She walked to their booth and sat down with a grunt. Felix and the gang still stood by our booth and watched with disbelief. Am I the only person that dares to growl at Serena?

"Need something?" Merlin seethed at Dylan, who was smiling at Kylie.

"Nope. I'm good." Dylan is taunting Merlin.

"Hey guys, next week is Eve's birthday. Why don't you join the party?" Kylie asked and my eyes widened.

"What? No!" I said firmly. "I thought it would be a small party between the four of us..."

"Nope, I'm throwing you a big birthday party." Kylie smiled.

My eye roll did not go unnoticed and neither did the frustrated grunt that followed. Darn it. Felix glanced at me, who was sitting between Alicia and Amy. He leaned in over Amy, glaring at him in process and smiling at me.

"So what would my pretty Tuberose like for her birthday?" He asked, bringing his face closer to me.

"An elf." I stated serious, looking him straight in the eyes.

He was taken aback by my statement, while Amy and Alicia turned their heads to laugh. My face started twitching and I burst out laughing. I looked at Felix who was smiling and wiped away a fake tear.

"I'm kidding." I said. "I don't really have a wish list for my birthday... Get whatever you want I guess."

Felix nodded and joined his group in the booth. Dylan turned towards me and smiled, giving me a thumbs up. I furrowed my eyebrows. What was that about?

Amy suddenly put his guard up and looked through the window. His whole demeanor changed from a relaxed human, to an enraged demon. Alicia felt the change in Amy as well and turned to look at him. He straightened up in his seat, and gripped my hand under the table. I was confused more than Alicia. Merlin and Kylie were oblivious to us and kept on deciding where to hold my party.

"Amy, what's wrong?" I whispered.

"I feel a negative energy nearby. One that is too familiar." He answered, glaring out the window.

"Negative energy?" Alicia followed his lane of sight.

"Familiar?" I also turned to the window, seeing nothing.

The only thing outside were teens and cars. Maybe a truck or tractor passing by, but that's it. Amy was feeling endangered and I know that he would keep quiet if it were those people. Heck I'm pretty sure they're here and he just doesn't want to confirm it.

I hope it's just a mistake. I hope they really aren't here.