тнιrтy тнree

"Can everyone please just calm down!" Ms. Burnes yells across the room as it fills with chaos.
I enter the room and raise my eyebrows as I take in the scene. The theater room is a complete mess. Costumes are strewn across the stage as well as props, people are yelling in every direction and some are merely just sitting against the wall quiet as a mouse with hopeless eyes.

Damn. If I knew a dress rehearsal was going to be this bad...

I lose my train of thought when I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I jump at the sudden gesture and turn to find Ms. Burnes standing in front of me.

"Hey-" I begin but she cuts me off before I can say anything about the state of the room.

"No time for small talk Natalia, we have lots of work to do." I'm about to say something but once again I am cut off. "As you probably already know, Jake is no longer able to participate in the play and I can't find Cam anywhere." Ms. Burnes whines as my eyes go wide.

"Wait what! What happened to Jake?"

Ms. Burnes stops what she's doing and turns back to me with a stern look. "He got expelled. He showed up at the school late last night drunk off his sorry ass and began defacing school property. I swear to God if I ever see him again I will-" I can tell Ms. Burnes is getting worked up so I stop her.

"Ms. Burnes, shh, everything's going to be okay. I'm going to go find Cam and then we can get this dress rehearsal going. There's nothing to worry about. Cam and I have been working together on the play and I believe he's got it down pact."

Ms. Burnes smiles slightly and grabs a hold on my arms. She doesn't say anything, instead she pulls me in for a long hug and I giggle. "I'll be right back." I tell her as I pull away from her embrace and quickly jog out of the theater and to the school parking lot. I send Cam numerous text messages as I go which he never replies to, so instead of waiting for his response I make my way straight to my car and get in.

I'll probably get in so a lot of shit at the office for leaving school property like this, but I don't care. Ms. Burnes will most likely back me up. I pull up to Cam's house and I honk the horn several times. I watch the window that belongs to Cam's room and wait to see any movement behind them but find none.

Slightly annoyed, I step out of the car and run up onto the porch and bang my fist against the door repeatedly. After about a minute of doing so, a sleepy looking Cam opens the door. He's only dressed in his jammer pants and it takes a lot of effort to not stare at his bare chest but I focus my attention on his face.

"Where have you been?" I shout at him, pushing him aside as I make my way into his house and up the stairs to his room. "Ms. Burnes and the entire drama class is freaking out!" I find Cam's room and open the door and make my way inside as Cam follows.

"Jake got expelled and now we don't have a Romeo and opening night is just two days away!" I shout as I rip one of his drawers open, grabbing a pair of pants and throwing them at him and then making my way to his closet. "They've been looking everywhere for you because you're the understudy and now it's your time to shine." I grab a red and black t-shirt from a hanger and throw that at him too.

"I hope you've been practicing, because now it's all on you." I finish, placing my hands on my hips and turning around to face him. When I turn around Cam is standing still holding the clothes I threw at him with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask him, crossing my arms against my chest and raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing Princess. You're just too cute." He chuckles as he places the clothes down on the edge of his bed.