ѕeven

Don't forget to Comment and Vote xx

        *EDITED*

NEW BAIT FOR THE NEANDERTHALS

“I can’t imagine anything worse than being required to have fun. ”

― Scott Westerfeld

        The bell signalling the end of my last class before lunch rings and I jump up excitedly. I grab my bag from the floor as I won't be able to have a locker assigned until tomorrow. I make my way to the cafeteria by myself and grab a table in the far back corner of the cafeteria and take out my books and a salad I bought and catch up on everything I have missed in my first two classes.

       I glance around the large eating area quickly and take note of everything and everyone. I currently sit alone, but every other table is full and the room is filled with loud chatter as everyone tries to talk over each other. All the girls are beautiful and look like angels with their slim, sun kissed bodies and curves in all the right places.

       The boys are gorgeous, tall and fit with handsome faces and perfect hair, wearing expensive brand names and polos. I return to my work, taking bites of my lunch here and there until the bell rings and I get up and head to my next class.

       Cam appears out of nowhere beside me and I jump at his appearance. "Holy Shit!" I shout, "You should really announce your presence, I almost had a heart attack." I gasp, putting a hand over my chest where my heart beats furiously underneath.

       "I get it, a lot of girls get that way when I'm around. I'm just too handsome." He smirks, chuckling quietly.

       Cocky, very cocky. Kind of reminds me of someone.

       "Whatever, just take me to my next class." I mumble, handing him my schedule as he continues to smirk to himself.

       He's one of those boys, great. I think I've had enough of this with Titan.

       I shudder, thinking about Titan but the horrid memory of Titan is accompanied by Texas and I frown, thinking about home as Cam and I enter the Chemistry lab. I make a mental note to contact everyone back home as I take my seat at another desk away from Cam and focus on the front of the class as the teacher teaches.

***

       The rest of the day passes by quickly and I now ride in the car back to the Bauman house with Rayne and James. We arrive back  home and we all pile out of the car and head up the front steps and into the house. Not long after, Sherry and Theo come through the front door, both wearing wide smiles.

       I look to Rayne and James and notice their confused looks as Sherry and Theo enter the kitchen together.

       "What-" James begins before Sherry cuts him off.

       "We decided to cut the work day short to come and see how everything is." Sherry explains, looking at me with eager eyes.

       "Oh," I start, not sure about what to say. "It went really well today, I like it here." I lie through my teeth. I miss my old home, my real home.

       "Good!" Sherry exclaims with a wide smile as she pulls out her phone which begins to ring.

       "That's good to hear!" Theo exclaims from the other side of the room.

       "Yeah," I mumble quietly, looking from Sherry to Theo. "Well, I have a lot of homework and assignments to catch up on, so, I think I'm just going to go up to my room." I drag on, moving backwards towards the staircase leading upstairs to my room.