тwenтy тнree

Don't forget to Vote and Comment xx

           *EDITED*

GOODBYE

“Give a girl a boyfriend and she becomes a total expert on relationships.”

       ― Cecily von Ziegesar, You Know You Love Me

       I walk through the hallways of the school and make my way to my locker. I don't pay attention as I walk and I bump into several people on the way.

       I reach my locker and groggily spin my combination into my lock, unlocking my locker and shake off my jacket. I stand still with my locker open for a while as I zone out and think back on the past few weeks.

       Things have gotten so crazy in such a short period of time. I sigh and pull my books out for my art class and shut my locker and jump back in shock. "Hey." Marissa mumbles, giving me a small smile and I return it with one of my own.

       "Hey." I reply quietly, turning away to walk to my class and glancing back to see if she is following me or not.

       "Did you see Kaleb last night?" She asks, catching up to me and matching my speed. I frown and shake my head in response. Marissa lets out a loud sigh and I stop in my tracks, pulling her out of the way of oncoming walkers.

       "Didn't you?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow in question and confusion. I watch her facial expression fall even more and I lean against the wall for support.

       I can't believe neither of us said goodbye.

       Marissa runs a hand through her hair, crosses her arms against her chest and shrugs. "I think he left before school let out, so it's not really our fault, right." She asks, winging her eyebrows up and widening her eyes.

       The bells rings and I curse under my breath.

"I have to go to class, but we'll talk later." I explain to Marissa, turning away from her and heading in the direction of my class.

       I enter the class with my head down and almost run right into Cam who is walking backwards, carrying a large set piece.

       "Princess!" He exclaims, and I nod in his direction, silently making my way to the other side of the room. "Wow, no snide or sarcastic comment? Who died?" He asks setting the large vase down on a nearby table, making his way towards me.

       "Cam please go away so I can work on my this in peace and quiet." I sigh, dropping my paint brush and looking up into his dark brown gaze.

       "Okay," Cam says nodding his head, stuffing his hands in his pockets as I pick up my brush again and begin to work on one of the pillars that I figure needs a new coat. "I was going to ask you about tonight and this weekend, but I guess that can wait until later." He mumbles, turning slowly and whistling an annoying tune.

       "Cam." I drop my brush once again, causing him to spin around at full speed.

       "Okay so picture this." He says panning his hands out in front of us. "Beautiful area, secluded cabin, just you and me." He says nodding his head and quirking his mouth up to smirk.

       "Really, wow, tell me more." I reply unenthusiastically, not looking at him as I continue to paint. Cam leans to the side, raises an eyebrow and scans my body up and down.

       "My Princess, what's gotten into you today?" He asks sounding more amused than anything. "Is there trouble in paradise?" He asks, referring to my relationship with Kaleb. I stop painting and place my brush down on the desk and turn my body to face him.