Chapter 4 - The Truth

Previously on The Adventures at SSB High

Hey, Zel" She seemed nervous but walked to me and gave a hug. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me." She whispered into my ear. So many thoughts are swimming in my mind right now.

~~~

-Zelda-

"Wait ... What do you mean!" I was confused. What did she mean to forgive her. Oh god, what has she done ... Cheated on a test? A possibility, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Cheat on someone? No because she would brag about the boy before cheating on him. Wait, what if it has something to do with me?

We kinda were just standing at the door for about 3 minutes. I was deep in thought and Peach seemed to be trying to read my mind or something, as she stood there wondering what I was thinking. She was the one that broke the silence between us. My thinking time, I guess.

"I had a feeling you would do that."

"Do what, exactly?"

"Stress and overthink things." She smiled when she said that. Peach has always love it when I overthink things because it would make her the leader instead of me. "We should go upstairs. I'll explain everything then."

We started walking back to the kitchen. She seemed to be glad when she saw Impa.

-Peach- 

Oh thank the Mushroom Kingdom that Impa is in the kitchen. I really hope she can help me calm down Zelda when I tell her the truth.

"Hey Impa!" I yelled out to her, hoping Zelda can't hear the anxiety in my voice.

"Hello Peach. What brought you here today?" She made it seem so easy, to be so clueless about everything.

"Well I need to tell Zelda something ... Upstairs." I turned to Zelda who was walking upstairs, to her room most likely. As soon as I could not see her anymore. I quickly walked over to Impa. "Please help me." I was practically pleading for her.

"Why should I? I wasn't the one who lied to her!" Her voice was stern but her face tells a different story. A smirk. A smug look.

-Zelda-

I went into hiding on the stairs, so I could listen in on their conversation. The first thing I heard was Impa's strong voice booming though out the house.

"Why should I? I wasn't the one who lied to her!" What ... Peach lied to me ... No, wait. Peach knows I don't like being lied to. What was it about? Oh damn ... Peach has lied to me one to many times. There was that time at camp, then again at camp, a couple of times at school. Oh crap! She coming back. I quickly but quietly ran upstairs.

"Hey Zel, I thought you were in your room." She was nervous. Well, she better be.

"You were taking a while, so I was about to come downstairs to check on you." I seemed so calm, that I almost fooled myself. She walked into my bedroom first. She looked in awe at the bed, the decor, the walk in closet and the ensuite. Peach does this every time, she comes over to my house.

-Peach-

I turned to look at Zelda, that was a big mistake. I was ready for the destruction of Zelda's ticking time bomb of a temper, that was to come. She is not always like this. It's only because I have lied to her way too many times.

"Why Peach ... Why did you lie?!"