𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. FORGET ME, NOT

˖*°࿐chapter thirteen

˖chapter thirteen.
xiii. FORGET ME, NOT

———

janelle

A knock sounded off from my bedroom door, slightly waking me up from my deep sleep. My eyes peeked over the pillow I held in front of me to see Damon coming in with a plate in his hand.

"Morning," he whispered to me as I sat up on the bed. "I brought you breakfast."

I laughed softly as he placed the plate in my lap, "Red velvet cake isn't breakfast, Damon."

"But it is your favorite," he pointed out with a grin.

"And exactly the reason why I made her this instead," Stefan walked in, holding a tray full of eggs, bacon, waffles, a fruit salad, and a glass of orange juice.

Damon playfully glared at him, "No one likes a show-off."

"Thank you, guys."

I understand that Damon and Stefan want to comfort me in my 'time of need', but it's honestly unnecessary — I feel fine.

You know, aside from the part where I found out that the baby I'm carrying is now evil. Still don't know how I'm supposed to take that in, or how I'm going to handle it.

According to Cassandra, she doesn't think there is any way around this. At least not one she's aware of. I've discussed it with Klaus, and we have both considered on seeing how this will play out. Maybe down the line, we can figure something out, but for right now, I just want this pregnancy to go smoothly.

"Is Klaus still here?" I asked them, noticing he was no longer in my room.

"Went out somewhere with Elijah. He said he would be back soon," Damon answered, opening up the curtains to let some light in.

I nodded, taking a bite out of my waffle before getting up from my bed. Stefan saw this and was quick to stop me. "Whoa, whoa. Where do you think you're going?"

"To get dressed," I told him in a light tone.

"No, you're not," he shook his head, sitting me back down. "You're staying home today."

"Why?" I whined to him as he pulled the covers back over my legs.

"Janelle, your magical demon baby almost killed you last night from the womb. In what world does that make sense?"

"After everything we've seen thus far, now is when you choose to ask that?" I retorted. "And I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to my child as a satanic offspring."

"Oh, you mean the one you didn't tell us about?" Stefan reminded me.

I stared at Stefan in shock. It wasn't like him act this way, even though this was a huge secret, but I expected Damon to be a lot angrier than him.