Chapter 10

"Arlene, I have to leave now." Drew said as he looked at his watch. "Will you watch me on the TV?"

It took me a few seconds to realise that he was going for his wrestling match which he had told me about in the afternoon.

"Sure, I can't wait to see you wrestle." I replied.

He smiled before getting up from his seat and making his way towards the door.

Just before he left the house, he turned around. "Take care of yourself."

"I will." My cheeks turned a little warm after noticing his concern for me.

With a sigh, I flopped down on the comfy couch and turned on the TV.

~

When the clock struck nine, TNA Impact wrestling started and the first match was Drew's. He looked confident as he walked towards the ring. The commentators were talking about how Drew had been successful ever since he joined TNA wrestling.

When Drew was in the ring, his opponent's name was announced. It was a man named Low Ki. He was much shorter than Drew and he stared at him with wrath as he walked towards the ring.

Soon the bell rang and the match started. Drew didn't waste any time. He quickly grabbed him and punched his face several times until he fell on his back and didn't get up for some time.

Drew continued kicking him but Low Ki grabbed his foot and pushed it with a lot of force. Drew fell and Low Ki carried out brutal attacks on him. He laughed nastily while the crowd booed at him but Drew tried hard to get up however he failed again and again. Low Ki kept striking him but Drew miraculously rolled on the other side and stood up then punched him, allowing him to remain stunned. Then Drew performed his finishing move which made the commentators shout with delight.

He pinned his opponent, the referee counted till three and Drew won. It was a very short match but it was wonderful. I realised I was starting to find wrestling very interesting and it felt a bit odd since I was never into these type of things.

I continued watching the TV until I started yawning furiously and my eyes turned blurry. Before I knew it, I was asleep on the couch.

~

"Arlene, wake up." The soft voice reached my ears and I felt something warm on my arm.

My eyes opened and I saw Drew sitting beside me, his face seemed shocked and his cheeks turned slightly red.

"Drew?" I sat up straight and fixed my hair. "You're back?"

"Yeah." He paused and looked down at his feet nervously. "Did you watch my match?"

My head nodded briskly as an answer to his question which made him quite happy. "How was it?"

My lips lifted up and turned into a smile as I answered. "I'm not a wrestling fan but seeing you fight made me turn into one. You were delightful."

"I'm glad." He gazed into my eyes and there was certainly astonishment in those blue eyes.

I helped myself up, then after wishing him a goodnight, my feet led me to that warm cozy room where I was supposed to sleep.

____________________