Desire's Secrets and Mistakes

Ok, so I took the money that Javier game me and I got a room for the week for two hundred and fifty dollars. And that leaves me with $150.00. So between extra formula, food for the week, and cabs back and forth, my money is going to run out. I could call Javier and ask him for more money, but I won't. I know who I can call. But I do need to let him know that I'm safe.

"Javier."

"Hey Desire, are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm ok for now. I just wanted to say thank you. I can finally get some sleep tonight and be at peace. I don't have to worry about being up all night arguing." she said stroking Amir's head as he laid down drinking his bottle.

"No problem. I was raised right, and I won't stand by and see a woman going through that you know."

"I appreciate it. I'll pay you back the money ok."

"WHAT?!"

"Javier, I just want to"

"Nah, I don't want my money back. That was your money, I gave it to you."

"I just wanted to say thank you."

"You're welcome....I saw him today."

"Who my boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Doing what?"

"Looking dumb and high, trying to look tough."

"Oh, well, I'm kind of tired Javier."

"Get some rest....Desire?" He said hopingly.

"Yes?"

"Don't go back to him."

"I'm not Javier. "

"No, I'm serious ma, DO NOT go back to him. Promise me."

Desire thought for a second because she didn't know what would happen. "Okay Javier, I promise."

"Ok. So you going to tell me where you staying at? Maybe I can take you out on a date sometime?"

"For real?" Desire was happy to hear that.

"Yes, for real. I like you."

"Ok, but not tonight. I'm going to go out with some girl friends."

"Okay, be safe, have fun. Call me if you need anything ok."

"Yes."

When Desire hung up the phone, she called her friend Skye. "Hey girl!"

"Hey D, what's up?"

"I need you...I need a favor."

"Ok, say no more, come through."

"Ok, I have to drop Amir off, and I'll be there."

"Alright."

Desire took a shower, changed her clothes, washed Amir up and changed him. She called a cab.

Lord, please forgive me for what I am about to do. I feel like I am in a desperate situation. I would do anything for my child, and this is me doing it. Amir, mommy loves you with all her heart. I will always make sacrifices to keep you safe and have a roof over our head.

The cab beeped the horn and Desire grabbed Amir and his diaper bag, her purse and went to the cab. She then made a phone call to one of her most trusted family members.

"Layla, do you want to make $50.00?" she asked her 17 year old cousin.

"Hell yeah, you need me to watch the baby?"

"Yes."

"I sure will, bring him over."

"Ok, I'm on my way. Layla,"

"Yes."

"This stays in between me and you."

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Thank you baby."

"You're welcome."

After she dropped Amir off, she went to Skye's place.

Skye had a strip club called "Skye's Angels." Desire and Skye had met when they were 14 and 17. They did modeling and dancing together. Skye was older, and she always had a plan.

Desire was in a tight spot, and she knew she could count on Skye. She also knew that Javan'te never knew about this club, or Skye, neither did any of his friends.

Desire paid the cab driver and he looked her up and down before she walked away and said, "Sweetie, your man is a fool. I've been around long enough to know what's going on. Don't go back to him, and have more of a plan then this. Let this be temporary, you are beautiful."

"Thank you, and it is temporary. And you're right, he is a fool."

Desire went in the club only to hear "Hey Boo!"

Skye came up to her and gave her the biggest hug ever.

"Omg, I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I know right girl...hold up, step in this light real quick." Skye said looking at Desire's face. "Hell no D, what happened? You're not a hood rat so I know you wasn't out there fighting. Did somebody hit you?"

"Yeah."

"Who, Javan'te's dusty ass?"

"Yeah."

"You know what, I'm not even going to go there. Why are you here? What do you need baby?"

"I need to dance to make some money."

"D, I got all these girls lined up, I can't do that."

"Skye, you said you had my back, if I ever needed it. I need you right now, please."

Skye sucked her teeth, "Ok, but I have to do your face, I have to hide them bruises. These bitches in here going to be talking shit, don't pay them any mind."

"Thank you Skye."

"You're welcome... You know this would've never happened if you would've let me go down-"

"Skye," Desire interrupted "shut up." She said shaking her head as they both laughed.

"I'm just saying, you know what could've been."

Desire rolled her eyes at Skye who always seemed to have a lesbian crush on her, but Desire never gave in to that.