6: Mingling

James awkwardly cleared his throat, the material of his shirt suddenly becoming itchy at his neck. The white button down his father made him wear after his shower felt more itchy by the second. If it were up to him, he'd come down wearing a plaid shirt, but of course his father insisted in James looking impeccable.

Francis continued to tap his foot furiously against the rug. It looked quite expensive to him. Hell, everything about this tower looked like it was worth a few hundred dollars. He bet that if he were to sell the vase standing on top of the center table, he'd be able to replace his whole set of bow and arrows.

Torunn was staring at sixty inch plasma, fascinated at how it gleamed and produced sound. She wasn't used to such advanced technology back home, and now here, especially in this Arctic base, that was the main thing that surrounded her. It would get some getting use to.

Luke and Victoria refused to look at anyone else. Luke himself was a very awkward teen, barely going to any formals or dances in his old school. He was always more infatuated with his chemistry textbook than the social ladder at his private school.

Victoria was nothing like her father personality wise. She was timid and shy, only speaking when someone asked her to. Every time she made a breakthrough in her own technology, she kept quiet about it, allowing her dad to introduce it for her. Her ego didn't go over her head, and she was pretty sure she would pick water over scotch any day.

"You won't come out of this room unless you talk", Stark sing songed over an intercom as he and the rest of the Avengers watched the children from his monitors.

Torunn huffed back in her seat, annoyed that this was actually a part of training. This is for your own good, she remembered Jane's telling her. A few more silent minutes passed, not a word or look being exchanged. Finally, growing irritated and annoyed, she decided to be the first to speak. "Very well then. We shall engage in conversation".

"My name is Torunn and I am from Asgard", she slammed the butt of her sword on the floor as she said the last part. Tony made sure to mention something about being careful with the floors to the kids, the only thing they were allowed to destroy were the training grounds. Anything else came out of his pocket.

"I am a skilled fighter and have true warrior spirit. My father is Thor Odinson, and I am proud", she repeated her action with the sword.

Luke awkwardly sat up, gathering enough courage to speak. "I'm Luke Banner and I hulk out because of my genes. Um...", he fiddled with his thumbs, lowering his eyes nervously. He could feel his anxiety levels begin to pick up again."I'm really good at science basically", he rushed with his words, relieved to get that out of the way.

Francis was the next to speak. "I am Francis Barton. I am very good with bow and arrows and have pretty good aim with almost everything", he smirked. The children could already tell who inherited the massive ego in them. The whole time here, Francis Barton made rude but funny remarks about everything. Which often caused his parents to glare at him every time an inappropriate comment slipped from his lips, that only amused him more.

Then it was Victoria. "I'm Victoria Stark. My suit is part of my body, um...it's a really long story but yeah", she moved her hair from her face. "And I'm really good with tech stuff", she shrugged. She didn't plan to go into detail with her boring life. Victoria was 99 percent sure that they knew more about her (except maybe Torunn) due to her father's social and business status. It was up to the point were she was once mentioned in magazine articles. She knew she should be grateful, many envy her for growing up around fame and fortune, and some would even kill to be something so precious to Tony Stark.