19: Leaving

Francis had to borrow one of Clint's old hearing aids while Victoria and Luke cooked him up his own.

He was miserable once Clint told him that after some time, he'll lose hearing in his left ear.

Even though it pained him, and that it might come in the way of his fights, he toughened up and accepted his abnormality.

Once he set foot on the ground, Torunn gave him a big hug, even in front of Thor, who was ready to return to Asgard.

"I must go", he told her, holding her cheek with his left hand, his hammer in the other. "It is for your well being", he reminded her.

Torunn nodded, sniffling as Thor brought her in close for a hug. Torunn had never left Asgard, but the departures had become a daily part of her life since Thor always left to go to Midgard. That left Torunn with her mother, Lady Sif. Don't get her wrong, she loved her mother dearly, but that also called for endless training sessions and big feasts.

"Of course", she whispered as he let go. Just as Thor began to spin his hammer, Torunn's words stopped him.
"This is magic", she told him. The tears that'd been trailing down her face where no longer there. Her cheeks weren't even shiny by the tears. "Magic that we have encountered before", she added, looking dead into his eyes.

Although Thor nodded, he felt unsure. The girl, her vibe, it seemed familiar.

Torunn stepped back as his father's figure flew up in the air, leaving this realm.

"What did you mean? About the magic stuff?", Francis asked as she walked over to him. The hearing aid felt weird in his ear, and his hearing was still a bit fuzzy.

"It is magic, Francis. Nothing more than that", she said bluntly.

Francis took it as a sign that she didn't want to be bombarded with questions anymore and simply left it at.

They returned to training ground, with Tony already there, Veronica next to him.

"Victoriaaa", he sing songed. "I need you to train with her", he cocked his head to the side.

Victoria pushed past James and Jason to face her father. "Are you serious?", she scoffed, crossing her arms and arching a brow.

"Yes, I'm serious", Tony said, rolling his eyes. "Now cmon".

"If you say so", Victoria smirked, the suit beginning to cover her arm. She was ready to fry Veronica's eyebrows off. Now that's a crime.

"Ah, without your suit", Tony interrupted before the suit even got to her shoulder.

"What?", she quickly whipped her head back. "What do you mean? That is part of it, right?".

"But I need you to learn to defend yourself without it".

"Without it? You do realize it's almost physically impossible for this thing to remove itself from me?", she countered.

"You said it", Tony smiled. "Almost".

Victoria huffed as she faced Veronica and let her suit unwrap itself.

"Well I guess you don't know anything about like martial arts-".

Soon, Victoria was sweeped from under her own legs and a boot was pressed to her stomach. Her head was pounding and she found herself out of breath.

"You were saying?", Veronica smirked.

Victoria quickly threw her foot off of her and stood up. "Where did you learn that? I don't-".