17: Calculating

That night, something snapped in Bucky. He'd gone almost a full decade without an incident, but tonight, that record was wiped clean. Much like he was.

The elevator dinged once again, dropping off everyone onto Tony's lab, the top floor.

"Victoria", he looked over his shoulder. "Go shower and change into something warm. Bruce and I will examine this piece of crap".

"Where's James?", Natasha asked, standing on her tippy toes to try and look over everyone. Heads turned in every direction, everyone looking for the redhead. "Where's James?", she asked now, a little more frantic.

"Uh, I don't know...", Jason trailed off. "Could've sworn he was right here", he pointed to his side. "Wait. Where's my dad?".

No one saw signs of Bucky or James anywhere.

Then, a loud crash was heard in the elevator.

The doors dinged open and inside was Bucky. His metal arm's hand was gripping James's throat tightly.

"James!", Natasha cried, rushing over to them.

"Bucky!", Steve croaked.

James gasped for air with every single ounce of force he had left in him. He tried headbutting Bucky and even squeezing his hand back but nothing seemed to work.

The doors dinged again and shut, leaving the two of them inside.

"Cmon Steve!", Natasha grabbed his collar and pushed them into the elevator, everyone else following behind.

Natasha tapped her foot the whole thirty seconds she and Steve were stuck in the elevator, eyeing Steve in a way that indicated she was beyond mad.

Steve's stare remained blank. He didn't know what to think. What to say. How to react!

The doors opened once again and Natasha rushed towards the two.

Bucky had James pinned against a wall, pulling him forward by his neck and slamming him against the wall with all his strength.

James grunted loudly, still holding on to Bucky's hand.

"I told you, Steve!", Bucky snarled. "You're my mission!", he snapped.

James's eyes widened as Bucky squeezed tighter.

James began to flutter his eyes closed, his chest caving in and his lungs giving out.

Natasha came from behind Bucky, jumping up as she wrapped her legs around his neck, also squeezing. She twisted her body to the side, making Bucky let go and crash down next to her.

He easily unwrapped himself from her limbs and stood up to try and charge at James again.

Steve ran in time to push Bucky back and keep him away from his son.

James landed with a loud thud on the floor, touching the base of his neck and gasping for air. Steve was at his side, already helping him back up.

Natasha swept her feet underneath Bucky, causing him to trip and fall. She quickly got a hold of a nearby charger, wrapping it around his neck while straddling his waist from behind. He stumbled backwards and gagged.

By now everyone else was in the same floor. Bruce ran over to where Natasha was handling Bucky, a large needle prepped and ready. He flicked it with his nail.

"Try to hold him still", he ordered Natasha. Bucky grunted loudly as she squeezed tighter. Bruce plunged the needle right into the flesh of his normal arm. Bucky's groans came to a stop slowly, making Natasha loosen her grip on the iPhone charger. His body became heavy underneath her so she struggled with coming from underneath him.