Chapter 7

Andi

"I'm sorry," he said.

My arms stayed limp on my sides.

I was in shock.

I pushed him away, and took a step back.

"Sorry? For what?" I asked.

"I had my people look into Tiffany, and the things you said you did. I found the letters. The calls you made. I'm sorry. I didn't know. I would have been here with you through it all."

I simply stared back at him. I don't know what he expects from me, but I feel so numb. I don't feel any vindication at all. All I feel is hurt and betrayal all over again.

My word isn't good enough. He needed proof that I was telling the truth. He needed proof to believe me.

He doesn't have faith in me.

How many more times is Ethan going to break my heart?

"Please say something..." He said huskily.

I continued to stare back at him.

"Andi... Please. Don't make this hard on me," he said.

That snap me out of my silence.

I make things hard for him?

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "I make things hard for you, Ethan?" I asked in disbelief. "How?" I asked.

I scoffed. "When did you make things easy for me, Ethan?"

"Andi..."

"You were the one who left, Ethan. Left me to deal with everything, and now you want to play the victim in all of this?" I asked incredulously.

"Ands..."

I shook my head, not wanting to hear what he wants to say.

"Since you seem to think I make things hard you, then let's not make things hard for each other any longer," I said, cutting him off.

He frowned in question.

"I want a divorce," I said.

The look on his face was one of surprise, which boggles my mind, since he was the one who ended things between us five years ago.

"I'm not giving you a divorce. We have a daughter together. She needs us both. I want you both back in my life."

"Well we can't have everything we want, Ethan," I pointed out to him.

"I'm not letting you go. I meant what I said. I want you and Faith back in LA with me.  I want us to be a family. I want..."

"Stop telling me what you want!" I hissed. "What I want is to be free from you!"

"Andi..."

"Don't you get it, Ethan? I don't want to be with you. I don't want you in my life."

"Andi you don't mean that. I know I made mistakes, but we can start over..."

I snorted. "Yes. It's that simple," I muttered sarcastically. "You don't get it, Ethan. You left me to deal with everything, and now you find out you have daughter, you suddenly want to play the dutiful husband and father? You want to act noble?"

I shook my head. "I'm not going to just play along and make things easy for you... No wait, scratch that. I'm already making things easy for you. You're getting your daughter without any effort in your part. You don't have to do anything and you get to be the dotting father to Faith. She already loves you. Just like that," I said.