Chapter 28

Andi

Panic and fear gripped me.

Ethan was shot. I heard the paramedics say. They arrived right behind the police.

There was blood all over him. His face was covered in blood and cuts.

"Help him! Help Ethan," I said frantically, as one of Ethan's men was freeing me from my restraints.

"Miss Andi, you have to calm down."

I was crying... Sobbing.

I was terrified.

"Is he?" I asked tentatively.

Drew remained silent.

Once I was free I rushed to Ethan's side.

"We have to move quickly, he's losing a lot of blood.

"Ethan?" I cried. "I'm going with him. Please let me go with him," I begged, while I held Ethan's hands.

He was quickly moved inside the ambulance and I followed.

I continued to hold his hand.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered brokenly. "I'm sorry..."

"You're going to be okay... You have to be okay," I forced through my tears.  "Please, Ethan don't leave me. Baby please. I need you. We need you..."

Oh god... Our baby...

I wrapped my free hand around my belly in a protective gesture. I don't know how, but I knew our baby was safe, and I wish I could say the same thing about Ethan.

He took a beating. For me. Just to show me and prove to me that he loves me. And that lunatic shot him.

He's losing too much blood. He was going to die. I was going to lose the only man I have ever loved. The man who loves me. I know he does. I've known it all along. But I refused to acknowledge it. Not when he showed me in every way. Not when I saw it in his eyes, or felt it every time he held me. Not when I saw it with the way he loves and care for our daughter.

Faith... Our little princess.

Oh god... Ethan can't die. He can't leave us...

We reached the hospital in record time, but everything after that was a blur.

I was brought inside an examination room to make sure everything was okay.

I didn't want to leave Ethan, but he was rolled straight into the emergency room, and I had to make sure our baby is okay too.

Our family and friends were right behind us when we arrived.

After everything checked out with me, I went back to the waiting room.

The girls quickly walked towards me.

I burst into tears and they wrapped their arms around me.

"This is all my fault," I said.

"Shh... This wasn't your fault," Ally said.

"I can't lose him. I just can't," I cried out.

"Shh... You need to be strong. You need to calm down."

"Faith... Oh god, Faith. I need to see her, oh god my baby."

"Mom is with her," Ally said. "Adam called her and she went straight to your place."