Chapter IV

We headed to the Blue Lagoon and when we arrived she said “Wow. I can see why my father proposed to my mother here.”

“Mesmerizing, isn't it?” I asked her.

“Yes, very.”

“Drink the water.” I ordered, but in a soft voice.

“Can we drink it?”

“Yes we can and it's clean, too.”

She went to the water and scooped up a handful of the glowing water. “How does it glow like this?”

“It's enchanted. It glows like a glow stick, yet it can be drunk like regular water.” I said.

            She brought the water to her lips and drank it. “Wow, it felt like a cloud on my tongue.”

“How do you feel?”

She hesitated for a moment and then said. “I feel...kinda weird. Like my insides are all fuzzy.”

“Yeah, I shoulda mentioned that part, before ya drank the water. In a few seconds you're gonna feel like a million bucks.”

“I already feel like a million bucks.” she said, smiling. Usually I liked her smiles, but this one, kind of creepy.

“Did I ever tell you what big blue eyes you have, Matthias?”

“That's the water talkin'” I laughed.

“No, it isn't. I have never seen how cute you were until now.”

            She then collapsed to the ground. “Ashley?” I knelt beside her and felt her pulse. It was slowing down. I went to the water and drank, but I didn't swallow it. I spat it out hard. It was poisoned! She was now in danger because of me! I scooped her in my arms and ran to the castle as fast as my legs could carry me. I ran into the briefing room and luckily, the Queen was still there.

“She needs help!” I shouted.

“What happened?”

“She's been poisoned!”

“How?”

“She drank the water from the Blue Lagoon.” I reported.

“Check the Lagoon!” she ordered a servant. “What kind of poison?”

“I think it was Black Rose poison.”

“Get a healer! Hurry!” she shouted.

            Ashley was beginning to hemorrhaging so violently, that her whole body shook.

“How long does she have?” I asked, fearing for her life.

“A few minutes at the most.” The Queen said.

A group of elves came and quickly took Ashley away.

“She will be alright. Our healers are skilled.” the Queen said.

“What I wanna know is who poisoned the Lagoon.” I said.

“Ashley was almost killed just from drinking it, no one else is safe to go around there.”

“Are you saying that this was an assassination attempt on your life?” the Queen asked.

“Yes, maybe by the trolls, I don't know, but it's clear that someone doesn't want me here.”

“We will look into it. We will find out who is behind this, I promise.”

“If she dies, I going alone and I kill them all.”