Chapter VII

We both woke up at the same time.

“Oh, did we?” she asked.

“I think we did.” I said.

She sat up and pressed the blankets around her chest and said. “Oh, God, what have we done?”

“I thought you wanted this.”

“I did, but we agreed on our wedding night.”

“There is a small chance you may not be pregnant.”

“I'll take a test in a few weeks, but until then this is just between us.”

I pulled her closer to me and messaged her stomach.

“So what are we going to call it?” I asked.

“Oh, so I carry it for nine months and you come up with the name?”

“I thought you wanted to be a mother.”

“I do.” she said.

            She placed her hands over my hand and her stomach. “I'm fourteen for a day and you get knocked up.” I joked.

“Knocked up by you.” she said.

“Well, at least the child will be immortal.”

“No surprises there.”

“Get dressed. Then we can get some breakfast.”

“Will you love the child and care for it, like I will?” she asked.

“Of course I will. It's my child as well.”

            I then showered and got dressed. Ashley followed my path but then screamed in pain. I ran into the bathroom and saw that she had a full term pregnancy stomach.

“Matthias, what's happening to me?” she asked. She then screamed and a troll infant tore from her stomach, killing her. I then woke up sweating and panting. I looked at the clock and saw that it was two in the morning. I was so relieved that it was a dream. Ashley was fast asleep next to me. We didn't make love like the dream. She stopped when she reminded herself of our agreement. I wiped the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand and lay back down.

“What woke you?” she asked.

“It was a dream.” I said.

“Bad?”

“Like the ones I had about you, just before you were captured.”

“Me again?”

“Yeah, an infant troll tore from your belly, killing you.”

She gave a chuckle and asked “I was pregnant with a troll?”

“Pretty much.” She ran her fingers along my chest muscles. I stroked her brown hair and pulled her closer to me.

“Ryan did have a point.” I said.

“About what?”

“I could kill you accidentally and I won't be able to live with that fact.”

“He just said that to call off our engagement. I know you will not hurt me intentionally. You're a good person, Matthias. That's part of the reason I wanted you as my king.”

“What's the full reason?”

“You saved my life, risked your life for mine, and I fell in love.” She then rolled on top of me and laid her head on my chest.

“What time is it?” she asked.

“Two AM. Go back to sleep.” I told her. She fell back asleep and I followed shortly.