Chapter 12~ Mama Drama

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been longer than usual since my last update; I'm back at school now and I've been really sick so everything is hectic. I'm feeling much better now and will hopefully be able to update a little more. Thank you so much for your lovely votes and comments, I really appreciate all of you. Now to the chapter... enjoy! :)

"Hello, Isabelle." My mother smiled tightly, holding her arms out stiffly as if she expected me to run over and hug her, yelling 'oh momma how I've missed you!' in a tacky Southern accent.

She definitely had another thing coming if that was the case.

My eyes roamed over her as I struggled to understand what was happening. Her blonde hair was pulled into a perfect french twist, pearl earrings dangled from her small ears and she was clad in a pristine grey pencil skirt and matching blazer. She looked like the perfect business woman, as per usual.

"What... what are you doing here?" I stuttered once I'd found my voice again. My mother awkwardly lowered her outstretched arms, and her gaze flickered briefly to Noah before it settled back on me.

She looked different in person than she did on TV; prettier and slimmer... I guess the camera really does add ten pounds. She looked stern though, like a strict teacher at school who would yell at me for doing something wrong.

"Cupid is doing a press tour and Connecticut was one of the destinations."

I stared at my mom with my mouth open, cutting her off."Hold on, so you knew you were coming to Stratford and you didn't even tell me? Were you planning to contact me at all?" I questioned, feeling a sharp jab in my chest as it occurred to me that maybe she hadn't wanted to see me even briefly.

She shot me a scolding look and then smiled slightly at Noah, though her eyes were narrowed and she spoke through tight lips. "Isabelle, don't make a fuss." She ordered coldly. "You always were such a high maintenance child. Plus, it's impolite to argue in the presence of company. Who might this young man be?" She held her hand out to Noah and he shook it firmly, shooting me a sideways glance as he smiled uncomfortably in return.

"I'm Noah, ma'am. Noah Jones." Noah informed my mom, and she released his hand and took a step back to regain her personal space.

"Jones... any relation to Charles Jones?" Mom questioned without any emotion in her voice, as if she were a robot impersonating my mother.

Noah nodded once. "He's my father... ma'am."

"I'm Courtney Conway, Isabelle's mom. You also might recognise me from my hit television show--"

And there she went. Of course she was rattling off to Noah about her stupid reality show.

He doesn't care! I wanted to yell.

No one cares!

She gave Noah the full rundown on the first season of the show, reciting all the couples that she'd successfully matched.

Sure she could tell you the names of every couple that she'd matched that had gotten married, but did she know that I'd gotten straight A's in all my subjects last year?

And yes, maybe she knew how many viewers tuned into Cupid each week, but did she even know my favourite colour or food or season?

I crossed my arms over my chest as my mother finished her little speech to Noah, who's eyes were constantly flickering between my mom and I. My mother's pager beeped in her pocket, and I watched as her hand flew towards it instinctively. Who even owned a pager anymore?

She smiled a small, apologetic smile that I had seen her wear thousands of times before. "That's my cue to leave. It was pleasant to meet you Noah, and Isabelle I'll be at an autograph signing over by the penguin enclosure if you'd like to come and see me later."