Chapter 11- Out Of Instinct

Owen's POV

I saw Claire, and out of instinct I ran towards here. She was unconscious. I picked her up and carried her away from the scene of the T-Rex and the Spinosaurus fighting. As I was running I looked down at Claire. Her face was bleeding a little, and she looked so frail, tiny even. Like she hasn't eaten. Once I was far enough away, I made my way back to Zach and Gray.

"Come on. I have shelter, we can't stay out here," I said. Zach nodded and picked up his brother.

"Owen?" Zach asked me.

"Ya?"

"Are Gray and Claire going to be alright?"

I looked to him and saw he had tears in his eyes.

"I- I'm sorry. I can't answer that, Zach. But I promise you this- I will protect you, your brother and Claire with my life. I will do everything I can to help them."

Zach nodded in return.

***

We had just reached the cave and Zach and I were occupied with our loved ones. I had Claire's frail head in my lap, she still hasn't woken up. I looked up at Zach with his brother sitting next to him, he hasn't woken up either.

"Owen?" a helpless voice said. I looked down and saw Claire's sparking greenish blue eyes looking up at me.

"Claire," I whispered back. She sat up and I pulled her into a hug, I never wanted to let go. She had her arms wrapped around my neck and my arms were around her waist, I wanted to stay like this forever. I cradled her face with my rough hands and she leaned her
head into my hands. I leaned in and kissed her and she kissed me back.

"I've missed you," she whispered. Her forehead was leaning against mine. I've missed her too... I've missed her so much. I've missed her fiery red hair. I've missed her berry scented lotion. I've missed Claire. I've missed my Claire Dearing.

"I love you, Claire," I admitted.

"I love you too, Owen," she said as she pecked my lips.

"Uh, guys I'm still here," Zach said, clearing disgusted by our moment. Claire laughed and turned around. Her breathing stopped momentarily.

"What the hell happened to Gray?!" She yelled.

Author's Note

1K views!?!?!?! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! I can't believe that this story got over 1000 views, and I owe it all to you! You guys are amazing, seriously. I love writing and hearing your thoughts, and seeing the views/votes make it even more worth wild!!! Thank you guys!!

xx-Kelsey