Part 5

Blade POV

The first day of training had gone well so far my only true competition was Liam Jerome. He may be a cocky guy but he could back up his mouth on the training field. We had just had dinner and my muscles were aching but I first had to do some surveillance before I retired. We began at 5 am so I had could not miss curfew or my squad would be automatically disqualified.

'I want to go for a short run to ease my muscles.' I told the guys some of who look dead on their feet. Ben had drilled us mercilessly.

'Fine, I'll go with you.' Channon said as the others retired. 'Blade this is not a good idea.'

I shifted into my wolf and pretended to do a short sprint as the guards watched out movements. It was usual for us to have evening shifts. I had already gotten hold of the patrol schedule and site locations so I knew which area were least patrolled and more vulnerable.

As soon as the guard lost interest in us I dashed to one of the wooded areas. According to the training ground map we were approximately two kilometres from the Full Moon Pack main compound. After my patrol I was pleased. The schedule was correct and I just needed to keep scanning to make sure nothing changed.

'Meet me in my room in twenty minutes.' I mind linked Channon as we headed back to the living quarters.

'It is a bad idea Blade. You will get into serious trouble if this plan of yours works.' Channon was a straight laced kind of guy. However his loyalty and ability to be firm in any situation proved he would be a great beta. We were like night and day but we complimented each other. He was able to execute any plan I had.

'Channon, Rebecca Jerome deserves every ounce of the pain she inflicted on me. She and her stupid friends. Now that the schedule is confirmed time to check on my other strategy.' I lay back on my bed after my shower. Channon was not pleased but he remained lounging on the solitary chair at the small desk near the window.

I picked up my phone and called my sister. '

'Hi Blade, how was the first day of training?' she asked sounding a bit distracted.

'It was tough as expected. How was your first day at Full Moon? Are they treating you right?' I had convinced my parents to let my sister spend the summer with the Wyatts.

'It's been great. Becca is so cool. She has like tons of clothes. Oh my you should see her room. It is huge. I have been telling Dad to extend my room for ages. I mean if he sees hers, he must do mine.' My sister was rambling about that witch. Clothes? Of course she was a shallow cruel witch.

'Bree, you are lucky to be nearby. I'll meet up with you on Friday when we have a break. I'll call you every day so stay safe and stick to the guards and please don't try to follow Rebecca Jerome she sounds like a spoilt brat.' I could never hide my contempt for that girl.

'Blade, she is great. I mean she saved you and all. You should be thankful to her. Although she did not seem too happy when I told her you were in training camp. Whatever happened between you two?' Bree asked and I felt a bit of happiness. The witch must watch her back. She should know I was never going to let her little stunt go just like that.

'Remember what I said, be safe and stick with the guards. If you have any issues call me and if you can't get me, call Mom and Dad.' I reminded my younger sibling.

'I am not a baby Blade; I am old enough to be on my own.' Bree protested not realising that she was by far not old enough at fifteen.

'Go to sleep early and don't be a nuisance.' I instructed her and she huffed. I could imagine her rolling her eyes at me.