Part 28

Blade POV

I surveyed the property. We had some casualties and the compound had fire damage. A lot of fire damage. There were burnt buildings and holes from fireballs along the grounds.

I met my father in garden. He gave me a hug.

'You okay son?' he asked concerned patting my back.

'Yes.' I responded relieved that he was okay.

'How did you get to know how to kill them?' he asked as we walked toward the main building.

'Becca told me.' I said proudly. She had redeemed herself a little.

He clapped my back. 'She is indeed a good Luna. She saved us tonight.' He was proud.

'Dad I thought Valcans were extinct? Why do you think they were attacking us?' I had been surprised when I saw the creatures enter the party area.

'That is a mystery, they were banished centuries ago. We will need to consult the council on this matter.' My father told me. He was just as worried as I was.

'In the mean time we must protect the pack.' I said looking around at the devastation caused by the creatures.

'Indeed, focus on the pack, I will contact the council and we proceed from them.' My father advised and he clapped my back.

'Thanks Dad.' I said just as we came across Ralf who was with some injured men near the school.

'How many dead?' I asked him looking at the mutilated bodies on the ground.

'Twenty so far.' Ralf responded solemnly.

'Gather the bodies and prepare for funeral later today. Get the injured to the medical quarters. Then get the survivors to start cleaning up the place.' I instructed him.

I turned to Channon who was coming from the back of the property.

'Channon, I want double the patrols and arm all warriors with glass. Contact me if anything suspicious is seen in the air or on foot.'

'Yes Blade.' He said walking away with some of the warriors.

'Let's get the women and children to undamaged pack houses. We can use the school for temporary shelter as well.' I told my men. It was going to be a long night. The recovery would be long but my pack was large and my men were very strong. Therefore we would be able to fix most of the damage by morning. Most of the women were in the library but some were also in the school since these two places had the reinforced safe structures.

I walked to the library. I opened the door and the women and children who were gathered in there all cheered. My mother rushed to my father and hugged him. Bree came running to me. I gave her a hug followed by my mother.

Families were being reunited in happiness and sadness for some.

I looked around for my mate. I couldn't see her. Becca was standing away from the group near the far shelves; she appeared in deep concentration reading an old worn book. Her face looked frightened.

'Becca?' I said and our eyes connected and I saw her relief. I rushed to her and enveloped her in my arms. She buried her face in my chest and we stood there lost in each other.

We need to talk. She mind linked me.

Fine. I responded.

Our talk never happened. Blade became engrossed in leading the men to begin repairs while I aided the injured and helped the families who had lost their homes and belongings. We were both swept in Pack affairs that we barely saw each other all day. Some of the men had gone into town to collect as much glass as possible. Blade's parents had been summoned by the werewolf council and had left with Bree in the afternoon.