Part 26

Becca POV

'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the stage Alpha Blade and Luna Rebecca!' the man at the microphone shouted. Applause rebounded throughout the ball room as we made our way down the aisle and up the short flight of stairs. Blade was the utmost gentleman helping me ascend ever so carefully. He walked to the front and I stood dutifully beside him.

The ceremony was done by Blade's parents. It was a symbolic ritual which passed the leadership from one generation to another.

I did not know what I felt for Blade at the moment it was just lust. My body craved for his and my wolf yearned to be near him. I felt needy and weak. I said my vows hoping that someday my words would be true.

The applause began after the ceremonial joining of our blood. Luckily I wore my six inch heels or else I would strain to mark Blade properly. Blade reopening my mark hurt since it was already healed. Cheers erupted as we kissed and our blood mixed again.

Blade raised his hand and the noise stopped.

'Welcome and good night fellow Thunder Pack members. My leadership has become complete when I found my mate. Over the last two years you have been dutifully at my side helping me become a better Alpha. As you know no one is complete until he finds his other half and the Moon Goddess has blessed me with the perfect mate. As Luna she will guide you all and be by my side forever.'

I inwardly cringed at his words. Perfect mate?

So cheesy. I mind linked him

He looked at me and smiled, 'Rebecca,' he held out his hand and I put mine into his hesitantly, 'Welcome to the Thunder Moon Pack.' He then touched my mark and it glowed. The crowd gasped then cheered ever so loudly. I stood there silently looking at Blade, he looked at me and smiled broader.

'You are mine, now for ever no do overs. I am now yours cheese and all!'

'Bring it on!' I challenged and he laughed.

'You have no idea, my mate how far I will bring it to you!'

'Your Luna will now address you.' I looked at Blade in panic.

He pushed me in front of the microphone. I looked out at the faces below me. They were all smiling awaiting my speech. I looked at Blade again; the jerk was smiling at my discomfort. I was an alpha's daughter. I was Rebecca Jerome. I stood squarely and smiled at my captive audience. He wanted a show I will give him one!!

'Thank you everyone for welcoming me so warmly to your Pack.' The cheers accompanied my words.

'I vow as your Luna my absolute loyalty to the Thunder Moon Pack. I promise to lead equally with my mate and lead you successfully as alpha female as we journey successfully into the future!' The applause was thunderous as the roars and howls erupted into a frenzy.

I turned to look at Blade and smiled. The party began in earnest as food and drinks were being served.

Equals, Luna? He questioned.

Alpha female. I responded smugly.

Alpha Female? I see you think you have skills. Blade responded.

I marked you so we are now equals! I countered. You are stuck with me for life.

Blade pulled to him and kissed me roughly. I don't mind at all.

We descended the stairs and were flocked by members of the pack who came to congratulate us.

My feet were aching as well as my hands, my waist and my mouth. Blade had me glued to his side all evening. Each time I tried to move away he somehow pulled me back in. I was suffocating. The smile I had plastered on my face was hurting my cheeks and my hands had shaken so many hands and given so many hugs were exhausted. I was knackered.