Part 14

Becca POV

'You look just like a princess!' My mum squealed looking at me after I was finished getting ready for the party.

I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. After a day of pampering at the spa then having my nails and hair done at the salon, the final reveal was more than I had expected.

I smiled in satisfaction.

'Thanks Mom.' I beamed so pleased with my final look. Not even my best friends had seen my dress. I gave her a hug.

My mermaid red dress had a sweetheart neckline that hugged my curves with a glittery and flowered bodice which opened up to a tulle flared skirt just above my knees. I wore red diamond encrusted earrings that matched with a clasp bracelet and a teardrop necklace. My parents had given me the set for my twentieth birthday albeit belatedly. My hair was beautifully positioned in thick waves over my left shoulder. I had paired it with red custom made Louboutin heels that matched my dress in colour and material. My Mom had gone all out in ensuring I looked like a princess. I was thankful. It felt good to dress like this after so long.

'Time to make our entrance.' My mom said, she was looking very beautiful in a sedate off the shoulder pale gold lace creation that skimmed her figure. For a mature woman and mother of two my Mom was still very beautiful no wonder my Dad went gaga whenever she was around.

We took the lift to the ball of the hotel where the party was being held. My theme had been sparkles and glitter, my final prep of the venue had been great. I had gone all out on ensuring that Liam's coronation was a spectacular affair.

The lift doors opened and red carpet flowed to the ballroom door. I indeed felt like royalty.

'Ah there is my princess,' My dad stepped into view. 'You look simply amazing, my girl.' He enveloped me in his huge arms.

'Thanks Dad.' He smiled back at me our bond was restored.

'You will always be my little girl.' I gave him another hug. He was the best dad ever.

He looked at my Mom and they did their mind thing again. It was written all over their faces.

'My Queen, you are breath-taking.' My dad continued; he was handsomely dressed in a tuxedo.

'You too my love.' My mom blushed as my dad kissed her lightly on the lips.

'Hello? Princess over here? Waiting?' I said as I turned my head. These two were too much.

'Ow!' my Mom squealed playfully knowing that my dad probably pinched her butt.

'Give me a break!' I said not really mad but still they were old.

'You should be used to it by now.' Liam said coming to stand beside me.

'Save it as if you ever get embarrassed.' I teased.

He put his hand on his heart 'You wound me Becca, deep!'

'By the way, you kinda look pretty tonight, I guess you had enough sleep after all!'

'Liam be nice to your sister.' Our Mom stated finally getting away from my Dad who was still holding her waist a bit too possessively.

'Oh Mother, don't wound me too.' Liam dramatized.

'You look very handsome son.' She said giving him a kiss.

'Thanks Mom at least one child won't embarrass you tonight.' Liam flexed his tuxedo like a peacock on crack.