Part 19

Becca was sitting quietly on a fallen log. Her dress was torn and dirty. She had abandoned her shoes and was barefoot. I could see blood on her hair where I guess she had hit her head on the curb.

'Becca, you okay?' I asked concerned coming toward her. She looked up at me tears in her eyes. 'It's alright now.'

'You finally decide to show up!' she looked angrily at me.

'What!?' I was shocked by her response.

'What kind of an alpha are you? I was kidnapped you should have followed my scent and arrived here a long time ago.' She dusted off herself as she stood up and looked at her clothes.

'I do not expect my mate to be so incompetent, how will I ever survive in your pack!' she was fixing her creased outfit and trying to tidy her hair. My men were just as shocked as I was; the look on their faces said it all. This was not the reaction I had envisaged on our reunion.

She looked at her hand with some dried blood on it. 'Look I'm hurt.'

'Becca, you are safe now.' I tried to be cool.

'Safe? Not even a day with you and already someone kidnaps me and you say I am safe?' she dropped her hands.

'Take me back to my family.' She said looking at me angrily.

'No.' I responded firmly.

She stood back and started to laugh. Was she in shock?

'Becca are you okay, let's get back to the car.' I went to hold her and she moved away. 'Please, it's over now.'

'Ah ha I get it now.' She said looking amused. 'Is this revenge for everything? Did you plan this sick joke as part of your "get Becky back" act?' she was standing in front of me. She started to poke my chest.

'Well great, you got me back, but now my hair's a mess and I am getting a headache.' She then punched me in the stomach. 'Grow up Blade this now means war. I am going back to my family. Forget this stupid mate bond. I would even rather stay with these rogues than go anywhere with you!' she stalked away. My men were now in total shock. I could see amusement dancing on their faces. I was fuming. I fisted my hands to keep me from throttling her.

'You think I set this up? I mean why would I?' I asked my departing mate. She turned around.

'Hmm? Four years ago you created this whole scheme to entrap me and well Blade you succeeded then.' Becca was fuming. 'I guess you have stepped up since then looking at this whole scenario today. You got your petty revenge then and I was sent to Alaska. The place was like a prison. I only saw my family once a year. I had no friends nothing but a cold military school which slowly stifled me. So yeah I think you live to torture me Blade Wyatt. However warped it is that we are now mates I think you should act like it!'

'Becca,' I tried to say my heart wrenching at the anger emanating from her.

She looked at me and shook her head, 'This whole 'saving' me was such a crock.' She turned to my men and laughed. ' You men are fools to listen to this jerk.'  Then she shifted and set off. I was tempted to let her go alone but she was still in danger.

I shifted and rushed after her. I found her near the river as she was attempting to cross. I tackled her in the middle of the water. She struggled with me. She growled loudly at me as she fought me bravely. However, I was able to grab her by the neck since as an alpha I was much bigger and stronger. The grip I used, she could not even squirm as I swam across the river holding her by my teeth.

I practically dragged her back to the service station after we shifted. She was angry and seething. The prisoners had been put in a van and were already en route to my territory.

It hurt that she felt I had orchestrated this attack. I was going to play with her but not like this she was my mate although I would never have wished it. Since were mates, I was deeply attracted to her. Truth be told I had always had been attracted to her even five years ago when she had me chained in that cabin.

I pulled her into the toilet as I accepted a bag for us to change our clothes. She remained in her wolf form glaring at me. I really needed to mark her so we could communicate with our minds.

I shifted and she turned away from my naked form. I put on a pair of shorts.

'Go get changed or do you want me to do it for you?' I asked her as she remained with her back to me. I could feel her breathing heavily which meant she was still angry.

'I would never plan this, come on Becky, let's get out of here and go home.' I tried to cajole her.

She glared at me and I got the message. I stepped out of the toilet after placing the bag on the floor.

After a few minutes I re-entered. I was not eager to leave her alone for long. She was in a cubicle.

'You okay?' I asked and she huffed.

'Really?' she said still glaring as she came out. 'I was ready to forgive you but you pull a stunt like this. I thought you were this Warrior Alpha instead you hire incompetent rogues or are they pack members? To do what exactly? Well thank you my loving mate for showing your true colours!' she turned to the mirror and scowled at me.

'Look at my head, it's bleeding and there is a gash.' She touched her hair gingerly and winced. I felt her pain and reached out to comfort her but she flinched.

That hurt.

A lot.

'You need help?' I asked.

'Not yours that's for sure.' The response was cold and dismissive.

I leaned against the sink counter waiting for my mate to tidy her hair. She would glare at me every now and then.

'You still here?' she asked a few minutes later.

'I'm not leaving you alone after what just happened.' I told her.

We were similarly dressed in blue jeans and red polo shirts although her shade was lighter than mine.

'Wow couple outfits, how sweet.' She said sneeringly as she fixed her hair and did her makeup.

'I did not pay anyone to kidnap you. I am your mate. You hurt, I hurt.' I reminded her and she stiffened.

'You sure you didn't set this up?' she asked me her eyes fixed with mine through the mirror.

'I would never put you in any danger Becky.' I responded as my mate turned to face me.

'So who were those guys?' she asked after a while.

'I am going to find out, they knew I had found my mate and were looking for some quick dosh. I'm sorry for Alaska though. I never thought they would go that far.' I confessed. 'I only wanted to humiliate you but I guess my plan got out of hand. I'm sorry.'

I stepped forward and held her shoulders, 'I have contacted the Pack doctor to give you some treatment when we arrive.' I lightly touched her hair.

Becky was shaking her head, 'I'm fine. It's just after everything that went down between us I can't believe you did not reject me on sight.' Becky finally admitted what we both had wanted to say.

'Four years is a long time and during that time I came to understand many things some essential to being a good alpha but also that I had always been attracted to you. You being my mate excites me. I would never reject the beautiful woman in my arms.

'Sorry?' Becky said her voice high pitched like she was asking a question.

'Forgiven.' I said as our lips touched.

The journey back was better. Becca was still a bit shaken so I kept her in my embrace the entire trip back. We did not really talk after the conversation in the toilet but we seemed to have reached a truce.