Prologue

Dark clouds look over the island of Jorvik. Thunder booms and yet there is no rain. The people sleep innocently below not realizing that this is no normal storm but, darkness is slowly overtaking the island. A dark brown horse with a long black mane that blows in the stormy wind overlooks this from a hill. He thinks he has finally won after all these battles. Just then a surge of light comes from the mountains and a glowing white horse ascends into the sky two huge wings outstretched. She is clearly injured but continues to fly. The brown horse reacts immediately shooting dark beams of energy at her. She dives downward just barley avoiding them and slams right into the other horse. The pair continues to fight completely ignoring the black foal still on the mountain watching this shaking in terror. The little horse is huddled in a corner small black wings wrapped around him hiding him in the dark. He continues to watch and watches as the white horse is hit hard on the leg. With her last once of strength she surges upward unleashing all the power she has left knowing there was no other way to end this. She disappears in a surge of light that knocks the bay off his feet and vaporizes the dark clouds. As the sun starts to rise the foal gallops out of the cave and into the woods nearby terrified and lonely.