Chapter 7

The car rumbled slowly as I sat in the backseat, trying to keep my eyes open.

Xuan Xuan was snoring lightly beside me, her head on my shoulders. I stifled a yawn as I cast a side glance at the older girl.

"You should sleep, dear." Bech said from the driver's seat. She looked into the mirror and smiled at me.

"Nah..." I stifled yet another yawn. My eyes were slowly getting heavier and my head was pounding.

Bech had burst into the tiny but homey house Xuan Xuan, Zuo Hu and I lived in together, at 5am in the morning, with the same energy she had everyday.

How can the tiny girl have so much energy? The question I'll never get an answer to till the day I die.

"Hmm... So, Chan Zhao, are you excited for your first day at TF?" Bech asked, trying to make small talk.

Immediately, I stiffened up as I thought of...him.

Bech seemed to notice my hesitance in answering that question, so she smiled calmly, "Don't worry so much, girl. You'll do fine. You'll make a great first impression!"

I forced a smile onto my face as I said, "We'll see. Hey, I think I want to catch up on the sleep you took away from me three hours ago. Wake us up when we reach there, yeah?"

I closed my eyes as Bech hummed her response.

She don't know just how hard I've tried to forget my past. Sure, maybe they can't recognize who I am because I've done plastic surgery...but... I'll know.

I'll still remember... the pain from the past, the fear, the guilty. I still worry over Qian Xi if I think of him and I wonder if he can dance now.

I was so afraid. And I hated myself.

I shouldn't have been a sasaeng. I shouldn't have been so obsessive over him.

I drifted into a dreamless sleep, one which I hoped to never wake up from.
--

"Wake up...."

I slowly but forcefully opened my eyes but quickly regretted it when the sun blinded my eyes.

I groaned and I heard the same sound from Xuan Xuan.

"We're here. TF." Bech said from the front. She smiled energetically as she got out of the car and opened our car for us.

Ugh. I could feel the blandness in my breath. I bet I look like I just got run over by a truck now.

As if Bech understood what I was thinking, she giggled, "Don't worry, Chan Zhao. You look great as always."

I smiled, "Thanks."

Xuan Xuan grumpily got out of the car after me and then shot Bech a glare, "Why did you drive so fast? Why did we arrive here so fast? I've only been sleeping for five minutes!"

Bech and I raised our eyebrows at her as Bech laughed, "You've been sleeping for an entire hour! It's already seven!"

Xuan Xuan blushed slightly at her mistake but then quickly recovered from it as she huffed, "Whatever. I'm taking a toilet break."

She linked her arm with mine and dragged me off.

I shot Bech an apologetic look while she shot me an amused one.

"Be back in five!" she hollered after us.

After refreshing ourselves, we made our way back to the front door that we had entered from.

A guy was striking up a conversation with Bech who looked slightly annoyed.

I've always known Bech was gorgeous, but never had I seen a guy go after her like that.