Chapter 9

Practice for TFBoys' concert continued and the weird thing is; the 21 year old twins have been avoiding me.

Well, Jia Yee had come over once or twice to me, and made small talk. But the older sister have been effectively hiding from me, avoiding me.

And I didn't know the reason why.

We just met for a day, went out to grab lunch together, then she got that phone call, and started acting cold towards me.

A week had already passed; how were these two girls avoiding me so easily?

Xuan Xuan seemed to notice it too, and had whispered to me, "Is it just me or are they avoiding you?"

I shook my head silently, watching Jia Jia suspiciously. She was talking to TingXin, one of the TF Trainees.

Jia Jia giggled slightly at whatever TingXin had said and the latter seemed proud of himself.

His eyes was twinkling joyously, as he continued talking.

Suddenly, Jia Yee went over to her twin and whispered something in her ear.

All signs of laughter disappeared in the blink of an eye and all color drained from Jia Jia's face.

Her eyes widened ever so slightly as her gaze suddenly landed on me. I gave her a small smile that she returned gladly.

Then after talking a little to the dance teacher, she left the room with Jia Yee.

"Um..sir. Where are they going? Practice isn't over yet." Junkai demanded from the sitting position he was currently sporting.

The dance teacher answered easily, "Their manager called. A sudden job came up for them. They have to go to a radio show."

I froze. That was exactly the excuse they had given us just a week ago during our lunch hangout!

"Something's wrong. I'm going after them." I squeezed Bech's arm slightly before making my way to the door.

Before I could reach the door though, Zhi Hong came over to me and smiled, "Hi! How are you coping with the practice so far?"

I smiled politely back at him, "It's hard but I'm okay."

Then I looked past his shoulders, looking at the twins' retreating backs.

I can't catch up to them now. Sighing inwardly, I turned to Zhi Hong and paid full attention to whatever he was saying.
--

Practice ended at about 5 in the evening. By then, everyone was exhausted and was lying on the comfortably cold floor.

"Boy, coach is really heartless." Yuan chuckled, as he gulped down a whole bottle of water.

Qian Xi suddenly plopped himself down next to me, and I stiffened up.

Why was he sitting next to me?

Oh my goodness, my baby is sitting next to me!

Hey, shut up, Zhang Xing! Your sasaeng self is appearing again!!

I shook my head slightly and when I looked up, Qian Xi was staring at me with worry etched across his face.

"You okay there?"

His voice was so soft and warm. I could literally melt on the spot.

I tried to keep my feelings under control as I smiled shyly, "Ye..yeah.. I'm fine."

Qian Xi smiled back and he turned to look at Bech and Junkai having a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

He chuckled slightly, "To think they're in their 20s."