Chapter 2

Looking in the mirror I'm satisfied with my hair and make up, which complements my Asian skin, now deciding what to wear, ohhhh my eyes notice my favourite sky blue skirt which just falls below my knees, that would go perfect with my black shirt, black knee boots and my blue hijab (scarf on my head)
Me and my sister have light skin tones, many mistake us for Arabs which is quite ironic seeing as I was born in Saudi and left to live in London at a very young age.
Glancing at the clock, 7.45, oh God just have 5 minutes to grab a banana and meet daisy at the bus stop which is a 5 minute walk from my place.

Coming down the stairs I notice Sana in deep concentration sitting at the dining table.
"What's up Sis" I said "nothing much just can't wait for my last year of uni to finish then I'll be a free woman" sana said smiling, I was so proud of her she is just a few months away from completing her LLB Law degree, the girl could argue like there's no tomorrow so I was sure she would make a great lawyer.

Let me tell you a bit about Sana, she is completely different to me, carefree independent and full of life but life hasn't been too fair on her, our mother died in childbirth giving birth to Sana, loosing your mother is hard enough but unfortunately she lost her father that day too, our father fell into deep depression after the death of our mother, blaming Sana for her death, till today he has never spoken kissed or hugged his younger daughter.
Our family jewellery business collapsed after our mother's death (we were what you would have classified as a middle class family, now we are so and so, just surviving), and me being only 5 became Sana's mother and father. Even after 21 years of our mother's death my dad is still the same, depressed, jobless and angry and the world and Sana.

I'm proud that she has managed to get to this stage in her life and feel blessed that we are sisters.
"Di (sister)" says Sana "yep" "aren't you going to be late for work" "yeah I'm going now, take care of yourself and revise hard for your finals, have a good day my lovely" giving a kiss on her forhead I exit my house, but not before noticing my father still is in bed, giving a quick shout to Sana "make some pancakes for dad and tea babes leave it on the table he'll eat later"
"yes Di don't I always make him breakfast" she says giving me a smile and a wink, God I love that girl!