Chapter 7

Armaan's pov

Taking a deep breath I started addressing the people sat in front of me, trying to sound like my cocky and arrogant self ;)

"hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to attend today's meeting, I know that you are all probably worried about the future of Runway and the changes I will be bringing, but as you are aware that the changes that I bring are for the benefit of the company.
I know that you are all thinking the why I Armaan Malik a multimillionaire businessman have flown all the way from the UAE to take over the sinking Runway, well not to sound to egotistical but I know that I am the best and only I can save this company" hearing this a certain Miss Falak Sheikh sitting at the front murmured "what a pompous bastard" grinning to myself I just ignored her and carried on

"there will be changes taking place in this company, firstly as you know the Runway focuses on a lot of issues for example the magazine contains different sections ie food, household goods, fashion, make up, relationship, gossip. In my opinion this is too much my first proposed change is for the magazine to be sorely a fashion magazine therefore we will not have a food, household, relationship, gossip section, this magazine will now only be dedicated to the fashion industry" hearing a few noticeable gasps and looks of worry, which I ignored I carried on.

In addition to this change, I will be changing the way in which you work, previously those staff who had experience and expertise would just write an article and it would be published without anyone checking the article, I don't care how long you have been here or how much experience you have, be it 5, 10, 20 years or even more, whoever I deem fit will check your work before it is published.

Carrying on, the work ethics of this place is shit, there is no sense of teamwork, no discipline, no sense of responsibility and no emphasis on the quality of your work and you know how I know this? Because the magazine articles that you are writing are rubbish. There are people that are slacking which is costing the reputation of this magazine and those people have no place in my company. Those of you that are lucky enough to keep your jobs will be monitored on a daily basis, your break times will be monitored, your commitment to me and the Runway will also be taken into account. This will be a place of hard work instead of coming here and having chats with your friends. I will not have the media rip apart Armaan Malik's company.

Yes there is the issue of redundancy, you might all think that I'm a heartless bastard but at this particular moment in time I don't give two shits, this is my company now and I will decide who stays and who goes, I will be informing everyone on their status in this company. I want you to remember that I am no pushover, and if you betray me or this company you will wish you were never born, it's not your job to like me - it's mine ". And with that I walked off the stage, leaving everyone staring at me in astonishment.

Hey all xxxx hope you liked the chapter and Armaan's speech, I personally think he sounded very sexy and arrogant ;) enjoy reading!! x