10

I wake up with an odd feeling in my stomach. Why? Because it's Valentines day. The day cute couples sit together on couches and go on super romantic dates, the day I usually stayed at home and watched horror movies.

    But not today.

    I'm going to hang at the cafe with Bella, just two gal pals having a day to themselves. I got up and went to my closet, grabbed a pair of white sandals and found a cute turquoise dress to wear.  I brush my long locks, leaving it in its natural soft waves. I smile  as I put on my silver necklace.

    I head out the door and go to the basement. I'm meeting the girls at the moon pool. I dive in and swim off, getting there quickly. Cleo was swimming through the shoals of fish. I tapped her on the shoulder and she flipped over, swimming on her back. I smiled and crossed my eyes. She giggled and we headed to the pool together.

    "What have you two been up to? Rikki asks as soon as we pop out heads up. Cleo replies.

    "Just looking at the beauty of the ocean." Rikki raises her eyebrows.

    "What's so special about today?"

    "It's Valentine's Day!" Bella chirps, and I laugh at her enthusiasm, but groan at the thought of today. Rikki groans with me.

    "I HATE Valentine's Day! It's all sappy cards, and there's something very wrong about babies with wings and weapons." Rikki states. The girls laugh and start talking about what they're going to do. I zone out. 

    "And what about you Lethia? Anybody you have your eyes on?" Cleo pipes up. I look around and see them all waiting for an answer.

    "Nope. Unless Adonis himself asks me out, I'm saying no to everybody." Cleo looks sad, but I pat her hand. " I promise, it's by choice."

    "Come on, I'm going to the cafe. Anyone else?" Bella and Rikki decided to join me while Cleo went to go on her date with Lewis. We got out of the water in a secluded area, and Rikki dried us off instantly. I got up and looked Bella over.  She wore a pink dress and red flats, her hair in a French braid. She sends an aura of kindness and gentle beauty, while I'm a bit more fiery and hot.

    We all walk together to the cafe and open our eyes wide at what we see. Valentine's Day decorations absolutely everywhere, decking out the whole place in red, pink, and white.

    "Doesn't like Valentine's Day, huh?" Bella says to Rikki. She rolls her eyes and talks to Zane. He then goes on to say that all of the beautiful decorations are just to bring in customers! Wow, what an idiot. Rikki is scowling at him and he still doesn't get it. I go to snag a table outside. A semi-hot guy comes up to me and asks me out. I say no kindly, I'm not a monster.

    "Maybe another time." He grins and walks away. Just then, yet another guy comes up to me, even cuter than the last.

"So, wanna go out sometime?"

"No, sorry, I'm really busy. Maybe some other time?" He nods and gives me his number, winking before walking away. Bella and Rikki come out with smoothies in hand.

"I didn't know that this many good looking guys existed! Why did you turn them down?" Rikki asks. I shrug, but look over and see Will. He smiles and give me a little wave. I smile back then look back to Rikki. She's looking at me with an amused expression.

"What?" I ask. She raises her eyebrows and rolls her eyes at me. "Seriously, what?" She just smirks and gets up, bringing the cups up to the counter. I roll my eyes and get up, walking towards the beach. 

    "Hey, you stepped in my sandcastle." Said a little boy, with lots of blonde curls. And I had actually, crushing a sand tower.

    "Sorry, sorry." I knelt down to help him rebuild it up. There was Will, on the beach, running. He dove into the water, his strong arms propelling him through the waves. He swams out a ways then comes back to shore.

    I point my hand at him, hoping for magic. I felt a bit of a tug in my gut, then nothing. I finished the castle and said goodbye to the little boy, who was making my hand motion at his castle.

    I got up and walked along the beach. Will ran up to me.

"Lethia! You'll never guess what I saw!" His eyes sparkled as he walked next to me.

"What was it?" I ask. He looked hilariously excited, but I held in my laughter.

"I was getting out of the water, and I saw the water in front of me do something weird. It kind of looked like a heart, I can't wait to go home and look it up!" I smile. Did my powers actually do something?

"I think I know what it was." I say. He stared at me, wide eyed, and asked quickly,

"What is it?"

"It's this kind of phenomenon that happens once every single year, only on Valentine's Day." He stared for a bit then grinned.

"You're joking."

"Hey, you're the one who saw it." We walked together for a bit, in content silence, watching the waves fall gently on the shore.