21

It was early morning, and all of the girls had decided to go for a swim with Zane and Will, Luke having some work to do on his jeep. We swam along the reefs near Mako. I turned over, swimming on my back, and made a face at Zane. He smiled and stuck his tongue out at me. I closed my eyes to find his mind.

    "You look like a deflated hippo." I said to his mind. His eyes widened behind his googles and he went up for air. The girls all sped along, but I went and swam above Will. I grabbed onto his shoulders and swished my tail, zooming us along. We went to the moon pool and popped up just as the girls were discussing lunch. Rikki wiggled her eyebrows at my closeness with Will. I blushed.

"You know what? I'm in the mood for something hot. Lethia, you know what I mean, right?" I laugh as Bella winks at me.

"Of course? What would I do without a bit of hotness in my life?" The girls laugh and Will looks a bit confused. Cleo piped up,

"What about something a bit spicy? How do you feel about that, Lethia?" I smirked and let go of Will, replying,

"I always need a bit of spice to make me feel good, and my sugar to make it even better." The girls howled with laughter, and Will looked utterly out of it. Zane finally arrived and Will gave me a look. I crossed my eyes and puffed out my cheeks. Will laughed.

"What's so funny? I just got water in my goggles, it went up my nose. I looked over at Zane with a smile.

"No, we're not laughing at you. We're just deciding what to eat up for lunch." The girls snickered at my continuation of the innuendos, but I just gave Zane an innocent smile. He's become a pretty good friend, actually. He's helped me out with my motorcycle a few times, and we love to race on the dirt bike trails together.

    Honestly, if he wasn't dating Rikki, I think he would have asked me out by now. He hasn't, of course, but neither had Will. He's so slow! In mind, not body. His body is just so..... Bella splashed me.

"Stop projecting your thoughts to me, and he will do it when he's ready. As for Zane, I agree." I blush and splash her back. Lately when I've been immersed in my thoughts, I tend to pick out a person and project it to them. Not on purpose, it's just that ever since the fiasco on the boat, my mind has been more open to other people's brain waves.

"I'll do what when I'm ready?" Will asks tentatively.

"Yeah, and what does she agree about me?" Zane asks rudely. I roll my eyes.

"I was thinking that you'd be good at playing Mungojerrie in Cats the musical, and I was thinking that when Will's ready, he'll be the best diver I've ever seen." Zane looked confused and Will looked elated.

    I rolled my eyes again, apparently nobody had seen Cats The Musical. Shame. I projected them the song and dance, with Zane as Mungojerrie, prancing around in a skintight cat suit, with whiskers and claws. Everybody laughed at once and Zane launched himself at me. I ducked under and left, waiting just outside for everyone else.

Will came out first and saw me, so he swam over and wrapped his arms around me, this time he was on the top. Oh gods that sounded wrong. Whatevs.

I swam off as fast as I could with Will on my back. I could hear his thoughts on how incredibly lucky he was that he met me. Not how incredible this was, but how lucky he was to have me. I smile and stop swimming.

We had reached the beach where we get back on land. Will stood on the ground and picked me up, carrying me bridal style to the beach. He set me gently on a rock, and I reach over to grab a towel we had left there. I dried off quickly, changing back into myself. My bare feet warmed in the hot sand, and my sundress fluttered in the wind. Will smiled and we walked back to his house to wait for the others. We only had to wait a few minutes before Cleo and Bella came in. We talked for a few minutes, then Will had to leave for a meeting with a new sponsor.