13

I sit in the passenger seat of my brothers jeep, listening to the radio with wind blowing through my hair. We sang along to all of the songs we knew, and danced to the ones we didn't. I sat back in my seat and took a break, studying Luke. He hasn't changed a bit. I have, though. I'm so much more tan than he is, the Michigan sun is weak, though I do miss the snow.

    We get home and celebrate with our mom all day. We baked, danced, sang, and swam. Yes, all of us. He's a merman. He had the transformation the same time as me, in our moms stomach. It was nearly the end of the day when Bella texted me. Three words, but they made me cringe for her so badly.

She's his sister.

    I said goodbye and headed straight for Mako. I got there and Bella was nearly banging her head against a rock. She explained what happened and I cringed even worse. She had basically accused Will of ditching her to date his sister. I felt so bad, I thought I knew what could cheer her up.

    "Want to come to my place? My brother and mom are home. I'm sure they'd love to meet you."

    "I don't know..."

    "We baked chocolate chip cookies." She looked up and nodded sheepishly. We swam to my house together, and I went into the tunnel first. I came up and Luke was standing there with his arms crossed.

    "Where have you been, sister dear?"

    "With Bella. Here she is now." Her head popped up above the water and Luke grinned at her.

    "I'm Luke, Lethia's twin. Here, let me give you a hand." He holds out his hand, eyes twinkling. I knew what he was going to do, but let it happen to cheer Bella up. He grabbed her wet hand and pulled her up. When he let go, he used his powers to make the water on his hand glow.

    "What the?" Luke acts scared and falls into the water. He comes up with a long blue tail, unlike our gold ones. Bella gasps.

    "I just turned you into a merman!" She screams. He laughs.

    "Well, actually I was turned the same time as Lee. Surprise?" He grins sheepishly as Bella begins to smile, realizing it was a trick. We all laughed the whole night long, and fell asleep on the floor of my bedroom. I woke up earlier than them and went to my closet to get ready before they woke up. I walked in and closed the door softly.

     "Random spotlight." I say. The spotlights turn on for random outfits. I grab my favorite, a crop top with jean shorts. The crop top has a picture of the TARDIS on it, and I love it. I snatch some white sandals and slip them on. I lift my silver necklace and clip it around my neck. I look in the mirror and give my hair a quick brush through, letting it fall in soft waves.

    "Ehem." Luke coughs at the door and I turn around. He had also changed, into a light blue shirt and black athletic shorts. He had on some surfer shoes, and looked hilarious to me. I point to the corner, and he goes there, waiting for Bella to change. She gets up and comes over.

"Here." I say, putting clothes on her arms. "These were going to be a present, so I'll just give them now." She walks in and walks out in a Bohemian style dress and sandals. Grinning, we all head out the door. Luke goes to my motorcycle.

"You two take my jeep, I want to see how this old girl's doing." He starts it up and heads down the road. Bella and I hop in the jeep and follow. We get to the cafe together and head in, laughing at Luke's jokes and songs. Bella brings us all to a table in the middle. We sit and tell jokes, laughing like crazy. Suddenly Luke looks at a point right above my head with interest.

"Hi, I'm Luke." He says. The person behind me responds and I breathe out slowly.

"I'm Will. Lethia, can we talk?" I get up and turn to Will. He looks down at his feet nervously. "Are we still on for Saturday?" I nod. Why even wonder?

"Why?" I ask, unable to keep it in.

"Well, I thought since your boyfriend was visiting you might not want to." Luke spews water everywhere. Drama queen....

"I'm her twin!" He says indignantly. Will looks from me to him in horror. I almost laughed before I realized that he must be as embarrassed as Bella was.

"It's ok, honest mistake. Yeah, we're still on for Saturday. Meet me here at, let's say, 6 PM?" Will nods, grateful that I hadn't made a scene.

"Perfect. Bye." He walks away quickly and I turn back to my chair and sit down. I meet Luke's eyes and start snickering. Five minutes later we're all on the floor laughing our butts off. We leave still laughing. I drop Bella off at her house. She grins and laughs, saying a lot of 'thank you's'. I drive off and go back home. I get there and just chill with Luke the whole rest of the day.