Chapter 1

Brooklyn's POV
There I was locked in my room. For the rest of the night. It was 6:00 pm. I didn't get dinner. That's how my home life is. My school life isn't better either. I have a group of boys who bully me and I have two, kinda three friends. Aaron Carpenter and Halley O'Brien and kinda Halley's brother Dylan O'Brien.

He is a sophomore in college and me Aaron and Halley are Juniors in highschool. Halley gets bullied too by the same people, Ethan Dolan, Grayson Dolan, Jack Dail, Matthew Espinosa, and Cameron Dallas. They are all seniors. So last year with them. Thank god!
The meanest ones are Grayson and Ethan.

So tomorrow I'll eat breakfast at my house hopefully. Sometimes I have to go out my window because they forget to unlock my door. I don't know why my parents treat me like shit, but they treat my sister and brother like they deserve to rule the world.

I wake up and get in the shower. (I have a bathroom in my room.) I get ready for school. I put my dirty blonde hair in a side braid and put foundation and mascara on. For my clothes I wear dark skinny jeans rolled just above my ankles and a plain white T-shirt and I put my white converse on and left for school. I did have to crawl out my window. I scrapped my knee threw my jeans. It put a scrape in my knee so now I have a hole in my pants... Great.

I leave for school about 30 minutes early because it takes me around 12 minutes to get there and I just like getting there early.

When I got to school I saw Halley and Aaron. Waiting for me like usual. She had a like 3 pieces of toast in her hand on a plate. I took one and ate it.

She didn't argue because she knows I barely eat at home.

________________

Halley's POV
I let Brooklyn take a piece of toast because I knew she didn't eat this morning or last night. She tells me everything. She once told me she thought my brother was hot and I didn't talk to her for about a week. But I can't stay mad at her.

Honestly I think she likes him, but I also thinks she likes Aaron and that would be weird.

I'd be a third wheel and that's not happening.

Me and Aaron had first period together so we walked Brooklyn to her class and then me and Aaron walked to our class.

___________
Brooklyn's POV
My friends dropped me off at my first class which was Science and I hated it because I had that class with Matthew and Cameron.

I went in my class and sat in my seat. I sat in front of Cameron, but right besides Matthew. Sometimes he moved his seat like a centimeter from mine just to annoy me and Cameron would throw paper in my hair.

So we were starting a new project and Mr. Pi chose our partners. He said the partners and I was paired with Matt.
"Just my luck." I murmured so he wouldn't hear me.

After working on our project about the human body for 25 minutes the bell rang and I packed my bag, but before I left, the teacher pulled me and Matt to the side.
"You two need to get to know each other more. You barely worked. So I want you to work at the library today after school." She said after that I nodded and left for my next class.

After school I went in the library and waited for him. He was 20 minutes late and I rolled my eyes.
He put his bag down and sat across from me.

"So." He said.
"Okay. Um, shall we start?" I asked quietly.
"Sure." He said.
I pulled out the paper and a pencil bag and my book.
He pulled out his pencil bag and book and pictures that we printed. We printed 12 pictures.

"Okay we should put the picture of the person as a baby first." I said sounding stupid. He just laughed and glued it to the paper.
Then I wrote under it since I have nicer hand writing, 'When you are a baby you have fragile bones and usually soft skin.' That's what he told me to put.

He glued a picture of a kid about 2 or 3. Then he told me to write, ' As a toddler you start to learn to walk and eat more properly and start to grow more and your bones get stronger.'
Then I realized it was 5:00 pm.

"Um it's time. We can stop." I said.
"Good." He said. So he packed and I did to.
"Same time tomorrow. But I won't be late." He said and winked.

Matthew was barely mean to me. I think he just buds in the conversation to act cool. I actually used to have a huge crush on him in like 5th grade.

I started walking home and Ethan drove by with Grayson and Jack. I rolled my eyes hoping they didn't notice me. But they did, they stopped and just started shouting things at me.

I finally got home and went to my room. I snuck 2 bags of chips in there just in case my dad was an asshole and locked me up in my room again.

I ate dinner, took a shower and went to bed.

I was thinking to myself, what if Matthew just brought Cameron or someone and hurt me. Or what if he didn't show up and just thought I was a joke.

After thinking I fell asleep.

(Hey guys! Kinda a boring chapter but I promise It will get better. Hope you enjoyed!)