Chapter 12

Brooklyn's POV
Me and Cameron got ready to go back to school, after studying I think I can do good. Me and Cam walked in class and sat next to each other. The bell rang.
"Class! Quiet." Mr. Gawl said.
Then the class got quiet. He got some paper out.
"We have a new student. He knows everything that we are testing over, so he will be doing it with us. So please welcome Taylor Caniff." The teacher said. Everyone looked at him. Including me and Cameron. I kept looking back at him for about 2 minutes and he looked at me too. He smiled. He was wearing a teal bandana and a white sweatshirt with teal words on it. I turned around when the bell rang.

Cameron grabbed my hand and left the classroom with me.
"Why were you staring at him the whole time?" He asked.
"I don't know? Just trying to look at him." I said.
"Please. Don't lie."
"I'm not." I said and lightly smiled at him.
"Okay." He said and kissed my cheek and left.

I went to my locker and Taylor came up next to me.
"Hi I'm Taylor." He said.
"I'm Brooklyn. Some people call me Brook." I said.
"Nice to meet you." He said smiling.
"Is this your locker?" I said looking at the one next to mine.
"Uh yeah." He said and opened it.
"Oh okay." I said and grabbed my books and shut the door.
"Where's your next class?" I asked.
"Um. History." He said.
"Mine too. I can walk you there?" I said.
"Um sure." He said and we walked there.

That testing was kinda hard. Yet I'm not that good at History and that shit. I'm the best at math. Math is my subject. I hope I did do good though because I need to graduate! Sure I don't want to leave Cameron, but I hate school here.

When I went to lunch Cameron wasn't there and then I remembered he left early. I sat alone, then Aaron came up to me.
"Hey." He said sitting down.
"Um hey?" I asked.
"Look Grayson is gonna come over here soon so I would leave." He said.
"No. It's better not to run." I said and Aaron left. That was really weird. Why did Aaron do that?

I did kinda take his advise and left the cafeteria and went towards the bathroom, and Grayson pulled me outside on the field.
"Hey you know Taylor?" He asked.
"Yeah?"
"Well you two won't be friends for long. His gonna be my best bud." He said laughing.
"Too late." I said.
"Listen bitch! Things like you won't get friends, they shouldn't have any!" Grayson said punching me.
"I don't care. Hit me! Make fun of me! Call me names! Nothing is gonna bring me down anymore!" I yelled.
"Really?" He said laughing.
He pushed me, making me fall over hitting my head. I grabbed it. Then he started kicking my stomach. He got on the ground.
"Did this hurt for you?" He whispered laughing.
"No." I lied.
So he punched me as hard as he could. Then he stepped on my wrist. Which I think he broke.

After he left I lied there for about 5 minutes and got up slowly, coughing and barely being able to breath. I saw someone coming up to me. I think it was Matthew or was it Taylor or I don't know I couldn't see. I closed my eyes and saw it was Taylor.
"Oh my god! What happened to you?!" He asked.
"Nothing I'm fine." I said walking towards the school, him besides me.
"Something happened."
"I get picked on okay? No big deal."
"This is a big deal. Your face is bleeding and your wrist is really bruised and swollen." He said.
"Look Taylor I'm okay just don't get into it. Okay?" I asked walking into the nurses office.
He nodded.

When I got out I had a wrap around my wrist cause it was just sprained or something. I had bandages and I took some kind of pill to help my pain.
I saw Taylor waiting.
"Shouldn't you be at testing?" I asked him.
"No. Free period." He said.
"Oh me too." I said.
"Look I'm sorry for getting in your business."
"It's okay. I'm sorry for yelling at you." I said.
"It's okay." He said and we hugged. It was a nice hug.

When I got to Cameron's I noticed his parents cars were home. I knocked. Cameron answered.
"Look nows not a good time." He said.
"I... What happened?" I asked.
"I'm moving after testing." He said.
"NO! YOU CANT!" I yelled starting to tear up myself.
"Look I love you to death Brook! But I gotta go." He said and closed the door.

I stopped at my house cause nobody was home. After that I went to the beach. I just sat in the sand, thinking about everything. About Taylor, about Matt, about my family, about Cameron, but mostly about college. I don't want to go to college, but I need too. I just need to start a new life. Yes it will be hard, but I gotta keep going and never look back. No matter how hard it was. I just have to leave. I might only have three months, then I'm living in London for about four to six years. I thought that when I come back, my siblings will be in Jr. high and Highschool, I won't have contact with Cameron or Matt. Everyone that I was friends with will just disappear from my world. I won't remember them, they might not remember me, that's how life works. You gotta make new friends and new memories.
My mom taught me that no matter how tough life is, you have to realize that soon everything will be okay, and that if you go back, you won't ever know what was gonna happen if you didn't go back.

• 1 week later•

I get to graduate early! The principle named out the graduating junior students and I was one of them! I was so happy. But then I realized that Cameron will be gone tomorrow. I'll be in London and he'll be who knows where. I'll really miss him.
Me and Taylor are good friends now. He is really cool. I found out that he really likes bandanas. He wears them a lot. He got me three yesterday. I am wearing a purple one today.

I decided to go back home around 8:00 pm. I couldn't run away from my mom anymore. She probably misses me, I've been gone for about 2 weeks.
I got home and the police and child service were there.
"Mom?" I asked.
"OH MY GOD BROOKLYN!" She yelled and hugged me.
"I'm sorry! I just don't want to leave, but I realize that I have too. I'll never do it again." I said crying. We were outside so everyone was watching us.
"Sweetie it's okay. I was so worried!" She yelled.
"I love you mom." I said.
The police put handcuffs on my wrist.
"Why did they do that?" I asked worried.
"Hunny, you have to go to jail for stealing evidence from a police scene." My mom said.
"I didn't!" I yelled crying.
"They found Halley's phone with death threats in your room Brook."
"Don't let them take me! MOM!! I DIDNT PUT IT THERE!" I yelled crying my eyes out. I was in the cop car and still crying. We were on our way to the police station and at a stop light we were besides Taylor and he saw me, his eyes got wide. I was still crying and looking at him.
We drove off and he followed us.

We got to the police station and I got out of the car. I wasn't crying anymore. Taylor got out of his car. He followed us in.
"Why is she in jail?!" He asked.
"This is none of your business young man." The police said and put me in a cell. I just sat in the corner.
"When can she have visitors?" He asked.
"Tomorrow at 9:00 AM." The police said.

•Taylor's POV•
So I can see her until tomorrow. Great! Why would she even be in jail? She is the nicest person I know. She yells at people for littering. She yelled at people for cussing sometimes, even though she does all the time.

I went home and fell asleep.

The next day I went to see Brook. I got there and went in a room and so did she.
"Why are you in here?" I asked.
"Stealing police evidence." She said.
"When will you get out?" I asked.
"Who knows."
"I'll bail you out!"
"That's a lot of money." She said.
"I have it. You'll be out my tomorrow night." I said winked and left.

Okay again. Sorry for not updating a lot. Starting Sunday for a fact I will! I love you guys just as much as I love Taylor Caniff. Lol hope you are enjoying and peace!