I Bought A Vampire At An Auction Chapter One

"Dad, please. I don't want to do this," I pleaded. My dad was dragging me by the arm, me shuffling my feet to try and slow him down enough to talk him out of this, into an auction house.

"Carmen, I don't have time for your shit right now. I told you that all the royal families have one. Except us. You will buy a vampire, and it will be your slave. Now go and there, feel free to spend how ever much money you want, and then come back home. I expect that you will not be alone. Or there will be consqueqences," he said. And with that he opened the door and shoved me in, slamming it as he walked back out.

I rubbed my arm. My dad had always been abusive, ever since my real mom died. He had been forced to choose another wife and soon so that he could take the throne and be king. Ever since he married that bitch, Laura, he's become an alcoholic and rapist. Towards me. I try to steer clear of him most of the time. Still I got beat up pretty bad. I still had slashes all down my arms from his last drunken rampage. Good thing I had a jacket on today. I didn't want the vampires to attack me.

Vampires used to rule the world. They treated us as slaves and food, forcing us to do their housework and cook for them and please them, if you know what I mean. (If you don't, you're a dumbass. I'm not explaining.) But soon war broke out between them. Vampires fought for power, all thinking that they deserved to rule, all thinking that they were more powerful than any other vampire. Soon, they were nearly extinct, giving humans a chance to take back the throne that was rightfully ours in the first place. The remaining vampires are now sold at places like these- auction houses. Like we once were, they are forced to be our slaves, to work for us, and please us. (My former comment still stands.)

But I didn't think any of it was right. All of this stuff happened years ago, before anyone who is ruling now was even born. Sure, I don't think we should just let vampires run free to do whatever they want so that they can eventually get stronger and attack us again, but I don't think that we should be doing this. Forcing them to work for us, dressing them in rags, showcasing them like they are toys rather than living breathing creatures. They may not be human, but they still do have feelings. I don't think it's right to beat a vampire who most likely had nothing to do with the way humans were treated before. I felt sympathy for them. And my dad was making me buy one today. Something I swore I would never do.

My dad is a royal. He is king. My step-mother is queen and I am the princess, a role I despise whole heartedly. I hate that people bow to me, I hate that I'm expected to wear frilly dresses and sit up straight everwhere and talk like a lady. I never get to be a kid. I spend most of my time locked up in the attic. I've created my own personal space up there. The room is filled with posters of boy bands and guys with no shirts, something my mother and father would never approve of. It had gothic decorations covering the place while my other room is girly and pink- like a princess's room should be. Or so my step-mother says. I have my radio and cd's and movies and t.v. Laura says that t.v. rots your brain and loud music is not fitting nor healthy for a princess to listen to. She had most of my cd's burn. I almost killed her for that. I didn't talk for weeks. Gradually, though, my cd collection has grown. I hide nearly everything from my parents now. And I have a key that goes to my door so that I can lock it and no one can get in. Though why my mom would want to go up to the dusty, filthy attic, I have no idea.

I sighed and went to sit down in the front. I took off my jacket, forgetting abou the scratches on my arms. The announcer came out and stood at the podium.

"I'm sorry for the delay people. In five minutes we will be bringing them out," he said.

I heard a few people front of me scoff and shift impatiently. There were a few girls around me that looked like straight-up sluts. They had bellyshirts on and mini skirts that barely covered their asses. They had blond and curly hair- all of them. My hair was red. It had waves so my hair constantly looked as if I crimped it every day. It looked almost black when I wasn't in the sun. It only had a faint red luminosity. But when I was outside, in the light, it shone a dazzling red, the color of fresh blood.