I Bought A Vampire At An Auction Chapter Eight

Austin's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe this was happening. Carmen is pregnant! And I'm the father. How the hell did I let that happen? If my father ever found out he would surely force me to become King. I couldn't! Not yet. I'm not ready. And me and Carmen would have to get married. If I'm not ready to be King, I sure as hell am not ready to be a husband. What am I going to do? I can't hide this from my father forever. Carmen is going to start getting very big, very fast. I can't just lock her in a closet until it's time to deliver. Oh god, I can't believe I did this! I just keep screwing up Carmen's life. First I save her from her abusive dad, then I bring her here where she is just abused even more, and now I've knocked her up. She hates her life so much that she just tried to kill herself. I can't believe she would do that. I guess it really is horrible here and she has gone through a lot of pain, but she is carrying my child. It was completely selfish of her to try and kill herself like that when she is pregnant with the only heir I have. And did she even stop to think of what would happen to me if I lost her? I love her, I really do. She is usually so caring, so thoughtful. She must be more miserable then I thought to have just brushed aside all thoughts of my feelings. I would have to keep a really close eye on her from now on. I wouldn't let her take herself away from me.

I know I probably sound really selfish right now, but I didn't care. I would do all I can to make sure that her life gets better here and that that baby is protected. I will make sure that she never has a reason to kill herself again. I wish I could be there for her right now, still holding her hand and gazing at her beautiful face. But I had just gotten a telepathic message from my father to meet him in his study. Thank god he can only send thoughts to me and not read them. I was going to have to work hard to hide this from him.

I walked swiftly through the halls of my castle, finally stopping in front of my father's office door a few minutes later. I hadn't felt like running. I needed time to think. Time to prepare for this meeting. I knocked and heard my father's voice commanding me to enter a second later. I pushed through the door, turning swiftly to shut it. I stayed like that for a second before I turned around to face him.

"Father," I greeted him. He smiled in a way that made me want to turn around and run right back out the door. He must have some good- or bad- news for me. Depends on which point of view you are in really. Good news for my father is usually not so good for me.

"Son, I just heard. You are going to be a father. How wonderful!" my father boasted, coming over to slap me on the back. I just stared at him shocked. Oh no! How did he find out?

"Who-" I started but he cut me off.

"The nurse came by with the good news a few minutes ago. Congratulations! Carmen is very lucky to be carrying your child. It is yours, isn't it?" he asked me, his face suddenly clouding like he had just thought of something bad.

"Yes, it is," I said in a hard voice. He was probably wondering if it was his or not. The fact that he even had to think that for a second made me sick. The woman I love could've been pregnant with my father's baby... I shuddered and quickly dismissed that thought before I started puking. Something I thought was impossible for vampires until about five minutes ago when I started feeling this nauseous.

"Oh, good," my father said, trying to hide the relief in his voice. Disgusting! "So I had Margaret start planning your wedding and the nurse's are ready to help with the delivery. I'm sure that-"

"Wait, what wedding? Carmen and I are not getting married!" I bellowed. I knew this was going to happen. I can't believe he is going to make us get married! This is ridiculous. I should get a say in this and so should Carmen. He can't just go around making plans for my future without even talking to me about it first.