I Bought A Vampire At An Auction Chapter Three

I woke up, shocked to find Austin leaning over me. I immediately reached up to feel my neck. It felt clean. Only two bumps there betrayed any recent events.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him.

"You didn't try to stop me. I was actually under the impression that you liked it," Austin said, smirking. I glared at him and sat up.

"I better not be a bloodsucker now," I said, rubbing my sore throat.

"Oh, don't worry, you're not."

"Good," I grumbled and got up, heading towards the bathroom.

I jumped into the shower. It felt so good I stayed in there for a whole hour. When I got out I saw that I hadn't brought any clothes with me so I crept out into my room slowly. Austin wasn't there. I crossed my room and rummaged through my drawers, pulling out a pair of loose jeans and a black long sleeved shirt with the words You Should Be Scared across the front. I turned around and was about to let my towel drop, but stopped when I saw Austin leaning against the doorframe. I quickly pulled my towel up back over my chest. I saw Austin blush uncontrollably.

"Sorry," he apologized, looking down.

"What are you doing in here?" I hissed, embarrassment making me lash out.

"Lilly is hungry and I was wondering if it was safe to let her go down and get some breakfast."

I froze. My dad! I had forgotten. I was surprised that he hadn't burst in here long ago, when I didn't go down there. Hmmm. Must be passed out drunk or something. I sighed.

"Hold on. I'll get dressed and go down there with you." I certainly wasn't letting them go down there themselves. If my dad was anywhere around I would persuade him to leave them alone and just take me.

"Okay." Austin left after that and I got dressed quickly. I went over to their room and knocked timidly. The door opened immediately.

"Ready to go?" I asked. Austin nodded and turned around, gesturing to something. Lilly appeared a second later, dressed in a cute sundress. I smiled and took her hand.

"Let's go get you something to eat," I said and started leading her down the hall. Austin trailed behind us silently.

I started feeling an itching in my throat after a few seconds. I coughed and tried to clear it, rubbing my neck. The itching got worse and worse, eventually turning into a burning. We were still walking in the halls. My throat was an open flame now. I couldn't take it anymore! I let out a soft cry and fell to floor, pressing my back against the wall. My throat was burning! I rocked back and forth, holding it. What the hell was going on?!

"Are you alright?" I heard Austin ask, but his voice sounded distant. "Carmen? Carmen! What is it?" I couldn't answer him. My throat was squeezing, constricting, burning. I couldn't breath. "Carmen... Carmen..." Austin's voice got farther and farther away.

I raised my head to see if he was leaving me. At that moment all of the lights cut out, plunging all of us into complete darkness. I couldn't see anything. I whimpered and reached out, trying to feel something. My skin didn't come into contact with anyone or anything.