//Seven//

"Go, go, go!" Both Gray and Zach yelled, like that was going to make the situation any better.

My foot slammed on the gas and we zoomed off even faster. My heart was racing for all the wrong reasons and this was the second time today.

The park walls came into view and got larger and larger every second. The three of us spotted the guards standing on top of the wall. All that left our mouths were, "open the gate!" Over and over again.

They definitely heard us because the gate slowly opened. We're finally out of the forest and the flying dinosaurs are gaining on us. I sped up even more, if that was possible, until we made it behind the wall.

I just sat there for a second, tired and out of breath. Gray and Nick copied my actions. "I don't think I can move another muscle," I half whispered.

"We have to find aunt Claire," Gray said jumping out of the Jeep with Zach jumping out after him.

"Wait!" I said exiting the Jeep. And of course they didn't hear me. I was going to catch up to them because they were not running that fast, probably because they used out their energy while being chased by that other huge dinosaur.

I walked to the back and grabbed the gun, I knew it'd come in handy. Cocking it, I chased after the two boys.

They got far after, like, two minutes. When I found them, they were on Main Street and the freaking Pteranodon and Dimorphodon were attacking everyone.

"Are you guys deaf? I said to wait!" I yelled over everyone's screams.

They both looked at me and their eyes went wide at what I was holding. "Why the hell do you have a gun?!" Both Zach and Gray yelled almost in sync.

There was a Pteranodon heading straight towards us and I nearly peed until I remembered I had a gun. Bringing it up to my face, I had a perfect shot and I took it. Thank you, Owen, for teaching me how to shoot a gun.

They looked at the dead dino behind them then back at me, "for that."

"Where have you three been?!" I heard a familiar voice yell. Zara. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

I could tell she was upset and I felt really bad. "Zara," I said about to respond. But a Pteranodon got to her before I did. Shock filled all of us, especially me. "Zara!" I yelled running after her. Holding the familiar gun to my face, I aimed for the seagull thing.

Each time I missed no matter how hard I tried, it was probably because my vision was blurry from tears. No matter how many times I whispered "c'mon" under my breath, I still couldn't hit it.

The bird thing flew over the Mosasaurus tank and dropped her in. I ran over to the railing and looked over the edge. This couldn't be happening, not to Zara. I had the urge to jump in after her but Zach was literally holding me back.

I didn't really see what happened under the water but when the thing came back up, Zara was in its claws. Her screeches of terror were now seared into my mind.

And when I thought that things couldn't get any worse, the Mosasaurus flew out of the water and chomped down on the horrifying bird and Zara. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, my caretaker for my entire life just died in the most horrible way.

My reaction was like anyone else's. I shut my eyes tight as tears constantly rolled down my cheeks. I felt someone embrace me in a hug and I knew it was Zach. My face was planted into his chest and my tears stained his shirt but it seemed like he didn't care.

It was comforting to hug someone again and it was even better because he was about my height. But I was a bit more upset than I already was when he pulled away and lightly grabbed my shoulders looking into my eyes.