//Nine//

We walked over to the Raptor Paddock to see Owen, but a few old friends surprised me.

"Owen! They're huge! Much bigger than they were two years ago!" I said walking into the cage where only their heads were sticking out and in a metal muzzle. "If you came last year then you wouldn't be very much surprised." He said stroking underneath Blue's chin.

I smiled at him but my hands were still rubbing the top of Charlie's head. "Owen!" We both looked at Zach and Gray who were on the other side of the bars. "Are they safe?" Gray asked holding onto the bars.

"No, they're not." He said.

"Well...," I said interrupting. Owen looked at me with a face that said 'really? You think they're safe?', and that of course shut me up. These things will kill and have no mercy... Well, unless you're Owen.

"What're their names?" Zach asked, I could feel his eyes on me, or Charlie.

"Well, you got-"

"Charlie," I said interrupting once again.

"Dammit, Malli." He scoffed playfully.

"Sorry," I said smiling nervously at him then looking at Zach. His staring at me was obvious. Owen continued though. And I reverted my gaze to Charlie.

"That one's Echo," he pointed to the raptor behind me. Then he changed to the opposite side.

"There's Delta and this one's called Blue, she's the beta." He said turning back to them.

"Who's the alpha?" I heard Gray ask and I looked up at him, Zach was still staring.

"You're lookin' at him kid," Owen said making the three of smile. I got up from my seat and walked over to Owen, "alpha, huh?"

"Yup," he smirked.

"Well, guess who's Rexy's alpha?" I smiled and he knew.

"Did you visit her yet?" He said looking down at me, the height difference was highly noticeable.

"When did I ever get the chance to have some alone time with my dino?" I smirked at him. He knew that when my father gave me Rexy, that she was my best friend. I was bullied for my BFF being the King of The Jurassic Era, but I'd usually brush it off and come hang out with her.

The InGen soldiers were getting ready to move out so Claire motioned us for Zach, Gray, and I to follow her.

While we were walking, with Gray far ahead of us, Zach leaned down to my height, which happened to be a foot shorter than he was, and whispered, "if you'd like, I can be your alpha."

I looked at him and scoffed, "if anyone's going to be the alpha in this relationship, it's going to be me." The smirk on my face wasn't wiping away until Zach asked, "so, we're in a relationship?"

We got to the closed trunk of the truck. "Well," I said, "I guess."

"See," Claire said, opening the heavy metal doors, "totally safe." She turned to us, first helping Gray in and Zach trying to help me in but I could get up by myself.

"If you need me, I'll be right up front. Just open that window," she said pointing to a closed grey rectangle on the truck wall above Gray's head, "put your seat belts on."

Zach and Gray looked around for seat belts and I just thought, why the fuck would there be seat belts back here?

"Okay, so just, hold hands," she said while closing the doors.

Our only source of light was from the outside and when the doors shut, we were barely able to see each other except for the windows, they gave off an alright amount of light.