//Fourteen//

"What do you mean they got out?!," I nearly yelled.

"They got out of their cages somehow... I-I don't know," Masons replied.

"Put their trackers on the screen," Gray said taking over so I didn't scream to loud to the point where my vocal cords broke.

This couldn't be happening, I thought, not again. I worked too hard on this park, I wasn't going to let this happen again.

"They're still in the Restricted Area but quickly inching towards Main Street," I heard him say.

"Their trackers have tasers, activate them and get A.C.U. out there," Gray said clutching his coffee cup tighter.

"The tasers aren't activating, Gray, but A.C.U. is there now," Ericsson budged herself into the situation.

All of the action was projected onto the large screen. A.C.U. pointed non-lethals at the animals and fired. Their bodies hit the ground with a loud thump. Muzzles were put into the sleeping animals before they were hauled into the back of a truck.

Even though they had everything under control, my breathing paced faster and faster, like I couldn't breathe. Those raptors could've broken through the gate separating the guests from the animals, people could've died. I clutched my chest and almost fell but someone caught me. Zach.

"Mal?," he asked worry taking over his tone and that caught Gray's attention.

"Her inhaler," he said placing his cup on Masons's desk and ran over to me. It felt like I was under water, gasping for breath. One of them reached into my pocket and lightly shoved my inhaler into my mouth, pressing down on the top.

I gasped taking in the drug and when Gray pulled it away from my face, I exhaled. "Take her in the backroom, she has a vaporizer that's supposed to help her breathe better," he instructed to his brother.

Zach nodded and helped me to my feet. Most of the way to the room, Zach supported nearly all of my body weight even though I could walk on my own. When we got there, I was highly annoyed that there were no seats and only a table.

Having no choice, I propped my body up on to the solid platform. "Where's the vaporizer?," Zach asked catching my attention away from my feet.

"Oh, uh, bottom cabinet to the far right." He opened the dark blue wooden cabinet and grabbed the vaporizer with the face mask.

"Okay," he said putting it to my face and switching it on. A warm mist devoured my nasal airways and throat as I inhaled. Oh, that felt so good. Being able to expand your lungs to the maximum size then let it all deflate and repeating that over again.

"Mal," I heard Zach whisper, "I'm sorry."

Confusion washed over my face, "for what?"

"Everything, y'know, like leaving you in the first place," he sighed. But... No, it's my fault, I told him to leave and plus he had to finish school at the time... We both did.

"No, no, no, no, no," I whispered setting the vaporizer on the table, "Zach, you left because I asked you too, okay? I wanted you to leave. If I knew this would happen to us in the future, I would've never've said it."

His response was a faint smile. Silence rained over us and my last couple of words kept repeating in my head over and over again. "So, you have asthma?"

"Huh?, oh... Yeah. After my father passed I began to have panic attacks and breathing problems. They diagnosed me with anxiety originally but we later found out that it was asthma considering I didn't get the other symptoms of anxiety."

"Oh..., so you take these wherever you go?" He held up my inhaler and at the vaporizer.

"Yeah, I have more than fifty I think... All over the world," I began to ramble, "it's really weird that I have those everywhere when I already have two on m-"

I was interrupted by Zach's lips pressed tightly against mine. It caught me off guard but I kissed back while letting my mind turn to mush and my heart to beat faster.

He began to pull away a bit so that we had more free room to kiss, our heads both slanted right in our point of view so we could turn this into something more. His body moved to between my legs while they wrapped around his torso and my arms rested on his shoulders and met behind his neck. It honestly couldn't get any better than this.

For a second I was out of breath so I pressed the vaporizer to my face, inhaled, then went back to kissing Zach. He just giggled a little when I did that. Do guys giggle? I think they do... Or is it a chuckle? It got even more intimate when he placed both hands on the small of my back, pulling me closer to his body so no space was left between us.

I've never kissed anyone like this before, so passionately. It felt like flowers were blooming, kids were petting puppies and kitties, teenagers were getting their first car, and autumn was rolling in with its beautiful weather.

"Zach?!," a screeching voice yelled. We pulled away quickly and looked towards the door. Fuck, I thought to myself, I forgot about this bitch.

"I came to get you so we could pet the T-Rex but I see you're busy smashing your face against the ugly girl's!," she snarled before turning so her hair flew in the wind and strutting away.

He looked back at me and shrugged his shoulders leaning in to finish what he started but I slapped him on his shoulder before he could. "Go apologize. She literally just walked in on her boyfriend cheating on her," I said sternly.

"At least you aren't in opposite situation," he chuckled hoping to at least make me smile but I just stared at him.

"I don't find that comforting," I said with an expressionless face, "now go!" I lightly pushed him towards the door.

He smirked back at me before chasing after the fuming girl. My swinging feet distracted me and put me in deep thought.

I always have been the girl Zach had cheated with. Was I the side chick?! No, no I can't be... He said that he really liked me. But he never said love.

Damn it, why am I so gullible? Just seconds ago, I was yelling at him but every time I stare into those beautiful large brown eyes, I'm instantly wrapped around his finger.

Honestly, I am the least professional CEO in the world. Making out with my co-worker's brother, in love with my co-worker's brother. No... Wait. I'm not in love with Zach. I'm just completely and utterly infatuated with him.

I am thirty years old with the emotions of someone half my age. These feelings I am drenched in are slowly killing me with all of the pain of heartbreak even though we are together.

"Mal?," I turned quickly towards the door to see Gray standing there with a couple of folders clutched to his chest, "uh, your jet just landed in Costa Rica. Are you going on the helicopter or the visitors boat?"

I winced at the thought of getting back on that helicopter, "the boat." I smiled at him earning a smile back.

"Okay, I'll call the captain."

"Okay."