//Eleven//

We were currently sitting in a large warehouse with thousands of sweaty and injured people and I was one of them. One of the doctors just stopped by and told me that my leg was doing fine thanks to Zach drenching it in alcohol and tightly bandaging it.

"You should be fine until we get back to the mainland. Thanks to your boyfriend here, your lucky you didn't die because of the incision," the doctor said patting Zach's shoulder and setting down a pair of crutches against the bench we were sitting down on before walking away.

I looked back at Zach and he was smiling at me, delicately pulling my legs up on his lap. "I'm your boyfriend," he smiled cheekily repeating what the doctor said.

"So does that make me your girlfriend?," I asked looking fake confused. He leaned in closer and I just smirked. "I guess it does," he said softly kissing my lips. This was the best feeling in the world, just being so close to someone and to have them care for you in your worst moments.

We pulled apart when Claire started to speak, "your parents. It's your parents." We both looked up at her then back at each other. "I'll go check on Owen, see if he needs any help," I said grabbing my crutches and Zach helped me to my feet. I smiled at him once again before walking in Owen's direction.

Zach's P.O.V.

I felt my dad's tears on my cheek when he hugged me, tightly. "I'm okay, dad, really I'm fine," I whispered hugging him back.

Gray joined the hug and we gladly accepted. And after my mom was checking on Aunt Claire and asking if she was alright, I also gave her a very tight hug and her tears wet my only dry cheek. "Mom, I'm fine," I whispered reassuring her that everything was okay.

I understand the worry and a few tears spilled here and there, but their excessive crying was highly unnecessary.

When we pulled away from each other, I saw Claire with Owen but Mal wasn't with them. I started to subtly panic while walking over to the couple.

"Hey, have you guys seen Mal? She said she was going to ask you if you needed any help," My voice cracked a bit from worry because there are loose dinosaurs on the island still.

"No, I thought she was just with you guys," Owen said looking between Claire and I.

"She said that she was going to ask you if you needed help with anything," I responded. My heart began to beat faster and faster.

"Oh god," I breathed out beginning to walk away from them, "I'll be right back."

Before they could respond I speed walked away from them and for the warehouse door trying not to trample people.

The sunlight blinded me but my eyes soon adjusted. I looked around to find a girl wearing a striped shirt but I had to take a second look because I realized she had put her jacket on.

She was looking out at the ocean, probably thinking about something. I quietly walked up behind her and tried not to scare her at the same time.

"Hey," I whispered, "you okay?"

She turned to face me and I swear my heart skipped a beat then began to slow down its normal rate.

"I shouldn't be but I guess I am," she smiled struggling to hold a smile. She was so much shorter than me so I had to look down at her.

"I can't say that I know how you feel, but I can try, and all I can say is that you'll get through this, Mal. You're strong," I smiled faintly at her. But she just turned away from me.

"Zach, you don't understand... I'm trying to be strong," she looked back at me with tear stained cheeks and new one building up in her eyes, "but I can't anymore. You helped me through this and I thank you for that but you, you make me weak."

"Is that a good thing?," I asked slightly confused.

"Yes, oh god, yes. And that's why this," she made a gesture with one finger pointing at me then her back and forth, "us... We can't go on. I... I need to be strong for my mother when I tell her what happened to my father. And, I need to keep my strength to rebuild this place."

"Mal," I started, "if you need space, I'll give it to you. But I'll be there if you ever need me, okay? I'm just a phone call away."

She laughed slightly through her tears before whispering my name and pulling me in for a tight hug. "I'll miss you," she said with sobs.

"I'll miss you too," I responded kiss the part where her neck met behind her jaw.

We pulled away and just looking at her like this I thought of something that would make her feel a bit better. I leaned in to kiss her and she did at the same time.

Our lips melted together, wherever there was an empty spot between our lips, one of us would fill it. It was very wet also because of her tears and I just shed one.

"I'll see you soon, Zach," she smiled, wiping my tear.

"I'll see you soon."