//Eight//

These people trying to escape to shelter were like a pack of wolves trying to eat after they haven't for a couple of days.

They were banging on the door so hard that it started to bend and cave in.

Claire was on the phone with Lowery talking about what was happening but what stood out the most was when she asked, "what do you mean Hoskins wants to 'use the raptors'?"

"Son of a bitch," Owen said looking up at a helicopter flying above us. InGen.

"You shouldn't say 'bitch'," Gray said also looking at the helicopter.

"Take the kids, get them someplace safe," Owen said which was directed to Claire.

We all turned towards the door as the banging got louder.

"Get in the car," Owen said to all of us. I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw the Jurassic World Mercedes-Benz that was behind us.

I went into the backseat from the passenger's side and ended up sitting next to Zach. Great, I thought. I couldn't really tell if it was a happy great or an annoyed great.

The door broke open and a wave of terrified, screaming people came washing in.

Zach, Gray and I were so scared we were basically yelling at Owen to drive. My voice mixed in with theirs but you could still hear me say, "Owen, drive," or "now, Owen! Reverse drive, c'mon!"

He quickly backed up into a little cubby where no one was going and we waited out the rush.

"This does not feel safe," Zach said.

"Can we stay with you?" Gray said after.

"Oh, I'm never leaving you as long as you live," Claire sighed.

"No, no, him," They both said pointing to Owen which made me let out a fit of giggles. Claire just looked at me then back at Owen.

After the crowd died down, Owen drove to the Raptor Pad and on our way is commenced to rain. By the time we got there, it was night and very dark outside.

We stopped outside of the facility and I noticed InGen set up lights and soldiers and trucks outside. I made the decision to not move from my spot, it would've taken so much to move me from my seat... Like the beast coming back for us.

Owen got out of the car, not bothering to close the door, and Claire followed him. A tall, large man walked up to Owen and said something but I didn't really hear it. But I completely ignored it when I saw Owen take a hard left hook at the man's cheek. Oh, so that was Hoskins.

"Oh, shit," I said laughing.

They were having a full on conversation, probably about the raptors but I felt my heart stop beating for a millisecond when Hoskins laid  his eyes on me.

He pointed at us and everyone looked towards the truck directly at me, including Zach and Gray. He motioned for me to come out of the truck but I really didn't want to. I looked between Zach and Gray, and they could tell I didn't want to go so Zach said, "don't worry, Mal. I'm sure they won't hurt you."

He smiled at me, but it was unsure. I opened the car door, not bothering to close it, just in case I needed Zach.

My face was innocent and straight, I tried to show no emotion. "Maliha Masrani, well isn't this a surprise." Hoskins said with his hands on his hips.

"It's just 'Mal'," I said in a somewhat disgusted voice. He made an annoyed face back at me, like I was too sassy for him already. Just wait Hoskins, just you wait until my full sass is on.

"Did you give her the news yet?" He asked looking at Owen, he didn't respond, "no? Fine, I guess I'll have to."

"Hoskins-" Owen started to say but Hoskins cut him off.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Mal. You father was a good man. But unfortunately the Indominous was too intelligent." He said smirking. It took me a few seconds to realize what he was talking about.

He can't be dead, I thought. No, that's my father, my father. He can't be dead. It's too soon, he was too young to be taken away from me.

I tried to stay strong but I couldn't do it. I tried to change my misery into strength and motivation like I did with Zara but I just couldn't do it. This was my breaking point, I thought, this was finally it.

My body felt weak and I felt out of breath. I heard sloshing in the mud from behind me but I didn't think much of it. My legs felt wobbly and I fell to the ground, getting soaked from my knees down in mud. Tears flowed from my eyes but they were hardly noticeable because of the rain.

I tried to scream but nothing left my mouth but sobs. Hands wrapped around my shoulders, bringing me up from the ground. I put half my weight on that person and even though I couldn't feel my legs much, I still walked.

The rain was letting up to a drizzle. I heard the impact of Owen's fist hitting Hoskins cheek again, "you didn't have to tell Malli that yet! We were going to wait!"

My face was buried in someone's chest and I recognized it as Zach's from before. I felt the leather seats slide under me and heard the car door shut so that barely any of the outside voices and noises could be heard.

My sobs got even louder and I tried to control myself but when I did, it just came out like a dying donkey sound. "Shh," I heard Zach whisper in my ear, his hot breath moistening the skin. I felt strange but it slowly went away after the cold air hit it. It felt like hours in this position but it was only a few minutes.

"Z-Zach?" I managed to say while choking back my tears. His eyes reverted from the window to my eyes. Just like mine, his eyes were large and brown, but I didn't find his disgusting at all unlike what I think of mine.

"Uh," I started but it was like he was hypnotizing me with his eyes, "I'll be right back."

He nodded, not breaking the mutual gaze. "Okay," I whispered under my breath, sitting up and wiping my tears.

I contained my self and attempted to push the thought of my father to the back of my mind because a new idea came into view.

Pushing open the car door, I stomped in the mud, not caring if I got anymore on it, over to an InGen soldier. I could hear Zach and Gray walk up behind me. "Where's Hoskins?"

"Over there," he said pointing to a group of soldiers with Hoskins instructing them where to go and what to do.

I walked over to him the sassiest I could, putting emphasis on my hip sway because my feet were sticking in the mud. My face never changed, it was emotionless.

"Hey, Hoskins!" I shouted. He whipped around looking annoyed with me. I didn't fully think this through but I was doing it out of rage. The whole top of my foot came in contact with his crotch and it felt weird and gross but I didn't care because I was full of rage. He groaned in pain, kneeling down on both his knees so now, he was shorter than me.

"That was for my father," I said pretty straight forward. And then my hand quickly clenched into a fist and came in contact with his cheek. It probably didn't hurt him as much as Owen's, but it still felt great and it was enough to groan in even more pain. "And that," I started, "was for speaking to me like that. I'm not a baby or a puppy. I'm sixteen, I'm a women who still doesn't know how taxes work."

Turning, I came face to face with a shocked Gray but he was smiling, and a smirking Zach. And that smirk was actually the first one to make me feel so giddy.