Beach City Walk

((Author talk again! Hi! This chapter will be based after the episode "Friend Ship". I do adore the idea of Connie and Steven being together, but originally when I was thinking of this story, I was planning for Steven and Peedee to find love. Steven's age still manages to escape my mind. I don't think Sugar has released his actual age yet, but after the episode "Too Many Birthdays" I think that Steven could possibly now be 12-13. I think 12. Still, because of his young age, I don't think we're going to make Steven do anything too... You know. I also adore Peedee. I think his character is adorable and I love his little tooth gap. I'll assume that Peedee and Steven are the same age as well. Ok enough talking again and off to Steven...))

It was a bright and sunny day. A good day as usual in Beach City. Steven remembered something he hadn't had in a long time: Fry Bits. Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were all on the beach talking about possibly whereabouts on Peridot. This seemed so boring to Steven. He tried to get them to relax and have fun but it didn't work. Garnet just said, "We lost too much time already..." Which caused Pearl to feel guilty and Amethyst yet again to be awkward. Steven thought it was best to just get out of their hair and go have fun for the day. It had been so long since he really enjoyed himself and relaxed. The play was another thing, but even then he knew the situation at home wasn't resolved.

Now, his situation was resolved. Well, in a way. Pearl and Garnet were talking again and were friends, that's all that mattered. "Fry bits~ Fry bits~" Steven sang cheerfully. The Fry Shop came into viewing distance and he began to feel his tummy rumble. "It's been so long... I can't believe I went this long without my beloved Fry bits... OH FRY BITS! MY LOVE! How could they keep us apart?!" Steven laughed at his own dramatic expression.

Out of nowhere, a voice stopped him. "Hey! That was pretty good, actually!" Steven recognized that voice. It was Jamie.

"Oh, hey Jamie!" Steven stopped in his tracks and greeted his friend.

"Steven, why don't you join the Beach City Theatre?! Mayor Dewey hasn't gone back on his word! He's still appointing me as head of the Theatre. Your acting as Mayor Dewey's ancestor was phenomenal!" Jamie's eyes began to light up.

Steven rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "Ugh, can't a star get one moment without pestering fans bothering him every second of the day?"

Jamie scrunched his eyebrows together surprised. "Wait... What?"

Steven kept up his too-good-for-you face for a few more seconds before he scoffed out a laughter and looked at Jamie. "Acting! You should have seen your face!"

"You scared me!" Jamie laughed. "Well, I gotta go finish the script I've been working on. Farewell!" Jamie walked away, as did Steven.

Steven was glad Jamie offered another roll to him. Acting was actually thrilling! He wondered what Jamie had in store for him next... As he was thinking of the upcoming plays, Steven began to hear an argument disputing inside of the fry shack. "Huh?" Steven cocked his head and peeked his head in. Peedee wasn't manning the stand as usual, weird. Peedee usually was always on top with his job.

In the back, Steven could hear Mr.Fryman and Ronaldo bickering. Mr.Fryman sounded more angry than usual, "You're always in that dumb lighthouse documenting your little scary stories instead of coming to work! Why won't you be like your younger brother, huh?!"

"They're not 'scary stories', dad. They're conspiracy theories! Mysteries solved only by the truly high intellectuals! Something a plebeian like YOU wouldn't know about!" Ronaldo sassed back.

"I can't believe you!" Mr.Fryman scowled and tied his apron around his waist. Mr.Fryman began to walk towards the window and sighed.

Steven smiled politely, "Hey, Mr.Fryman!"