Island Paradise

**I can't think of anything to comment here... Till next chapter maybe. Oh, I guess reading in the character's voice when you're reading a fan fiction is kinda fun!!**

  Pearl thought to herself in silence as they warped. Where were they actually going anyways? Garnet never gave a specific location. Pearl rubbed the back of her neck. Even if Ruby and Sapphire both forgave her, she could barely forgive herself. What she did was wrong. Fusion was sacred to both Ruby and Sapphire. It was something the home world would never let them have! The Diamond Authority looked down on gem relationships from different divisions. If, for example, a gem from the Yellow Diamond division would perhaps linger with a gem from the White Diamond Division, it was considered disgusting. For Ruby and Sapphire, Ruby was from the Yellow Diamond division and Sapphire was from the Blue Diamond division. Even though Rose, as Pink Diamond, encouraged gems to love one another, her authority could only stretch so far when it came to crossing other districts.

 Pearl knew how it felt to love someone but not be able to be with them. Her love for Rose would last centuries. It carries with her in spirit and she holds it to Steven. She was Rose's knight, her shield... Whatever Rose wanted her to be. But, she knew Rose only wanted her to be one thing--her friend. She would never allow Rose to know her true feelings. Though, it shown through her actions. It was obvious to everyone in the group, even to Greg. 

  Sometimes Pearl felt as if she was alone on how she felt. That feeling to want to just be friends with someone you love, even if that meant losing them to another. But, that all changed when Pearl trained Steven's friend, Connie. Connie was alike Pearl in many ways. Connie and Pearl were both intelligent, nimble, kind, brave, and willing to serve and die for the ones they love. Pearl knew she shouldn't have pushed her own feelings onto the girl so that Connie could be Pearl's own little self-Barbie Doll. Pearl couldn't help it, though. All those feelings bottled up for heaps of years really messed with her sense of self control. Pearl became jealous, angry, and self-conscious of herself. 

  When they finished teleporting, Pearl immediately inspected their surroundings. Large palm trees, golden sand, softly crashing waves. Pearl could tell it was early in the morning, therefore it wouldn't be anywhere near where Steven was. 

  "Are we on vacation or something?" Amethyst brushed fallen hair out of her face and looked at Garnet. "I thought we were about to go to some creepy, dangerous, gem monster-infested place, with danger at like every turn. You even said we were gonna be out for a while, too. What is this place, G?"

  Garnet just looked straight at the ocean with a blank expression. In fact, her entire body was stiff, her arms at her sides and her legs together. She looked like some sort of obedient toy soldier. Amethyst blinked, "Uh, G?" Amethyst and Pearl exchanged concerned glances at each other and then back to Garnet. "Helloooo?"

  "Garnet, is everything okay?" Pearl's voiced cracked.

  Suddenly, a grin spread across Garnet's face. Weird. Garnet's voice changed to a mellow tone, "I'm sorry, I'm just too excited!" Her voice then changed to a rougher voice, "Sapphy, you gotta, or else we're gonna split-" The rougher voice didn't even get to finish it's sentence. Garnet's figure outlined into a pure white and split the fusion into Sapphire and Ruby.

  Ruby blinked and stared at Sapphire. Sapphire was giggling uncontrollably, "I'm sorry!"

  "Sapphire!" Ruby laughed and crawled over in the sand towards her soul mate who was rolling with laughter. "You gotta relax! I'm happy too but, we gotta-"

  "WOAH! I haven't seen you two in like, forever!" Amethyst exclaimed and fell to the sand next to them. "Why are you guys so happy?"

  Sapphire grinned and brushed the sand off of her dress. "I'm just proud..."