Sleepover!

((**Whenever I read fan fiction, I always read it with the character's voice... It sounds cool!*

Also, I wanted to know what you guys wanted. Do you guys want chapters out one by one or wait a while and have a whole bunch of chapters out at once?

"We have to leave Steven behind." Garnet stated to the 2 other gems. Pearl and Amethyst looked at each other then back to Garnet. They both knew Steven would put up a fit if he knew he wasn't allowed on a mission. 

  Amethyst let out a raspy laugh, "Yeah, goooood luck with that!"

  "I like bringing Steven on missions. Steven gains knowledge from each mission and turns it into a personal strength that he relies on for future reference in battle." Garnet looked at Pearl. Pearl saw her own reflection in Garnet's glasses. The whole situation with Sardonyx still plagued Pearl with embarrassment. Pearl looked away from her own reflection.

  Garnet knew how Pearl still felt. But, for the moment, there was nothing she could say that would both comfort her and benefit her for the better. It would need to be both for Pearl to realize her mistake and to tell her it was okay. Garnet removed her glasses, revealing all 3 eyes. "Amethyst, Pearl. I need you both to trust me on this-"

  "GUYS!" Steven's sandals were heard distantly flopping against the sand. "Guuuuuuys!"

  Garnet turned around to face the direction that Steven was in. Her glasses appeared on her face once more. "Steven-"

  Steven was out of breath by the time he reached them. He took a moment to hold his knees and catch his breath. "I... *GASP* Have... *GASP* Great news!" 

  "You found Peridots location?!" Pearl asked excitedly.

  "No! Even better!" Steven grinned. "Peedee is staying over for a few days!"

  "Steven..." Pearl crossed her arms and looked up in a snobby way. "There's no room for a Human to be in our base! Plus, I don't think he would understand what we do!"

  "Aww..." Steven put on a pouty face and looked at Garnet. 

  Garnet stared at Steven's trembling bottom lip and large puppy dog eyes for a moment then gave in. "I can't say no to that face..." Garnet smiled. "This is a good thing, actually."

  "What?" Pearl was surprised by Garnet's answer.

  Amethyst sat down in the sand, "He's that kid who sells those delicious french fries, right? He's okay in my book!"

  "Amethyst..." Pearl growled.

  Amethyst stuck her tongue out playfully at Pearl. Pearl blushed a tiny bit and turned back to Garnet and Steven. Garnet crouched down to Steven's level and put a hand on his shoulder, "Steven, we're all going to go on a very important mission. This is a mission that you cannot go on. It isn't because you are too young or inexperienced, we're going to a place with temperatures not fit for Human bodies-"

  "It's okay." Steven replied with a smile. All 3 gems stared at him with confusion. Steven... Wasn't putting up a fit? 

  "It's okay?!" Pearl repeated in disbelief. "You're... okay with this?"

  "Yeah! Peedee and I can hang out while you guys are gone! It's gonna be GREAT!" 

  Garnet nodded, "I understand."

  "I'm gonna go set up the snacks!" Steven began to run towards the house, his sandals still making the same scruff noise against the white sand.