// part 20 \\

//Baylee's POV\\

I woke up to the sound of Ethan's phone ringing.

"Hello?" I heard a sleepy Ethan mumble into the phone. The person on the other end was saying something but I couldn't make out what it was. Suddenly Ethan gasps and his eyes go wide. He drops his phone.

"M-my m-" his eyes fill with tears and he starts sobbing. I sit up and engulf him into a hug as he sobs into my shirt.

"Shhhhh," I plant a kiss on his head, "Everything will be alright." I stroke his hair leaving an occasional kiss on his forehead. I rock us back and forth, Ethan still sobbing and I don't know why. "Ethan, honey, what's going on?"

"It's my m-m-mom! She's in the hospital!!" he cried. I gasped.

"Come on," I said getting off the bed, grabbing Ethan's hand, "we have to go to the hospital."

He nodded and grabbed our coats. We ran down the stairs and into my car. I fired up the ignition and zoomed out of my driveway and towards the hospital.

//Ethan's POV\\

I looked at Baylee as she drove to the hospital, her fingers gripped the steering, her eyes focused on the road her driving as fast as she could to get me to the hospital. Tears were still spilling down my face - I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't. Grayson didn't tell me why she was in the hospital and I had no clue. 

The worst possible solutions were running through my head, a knot in my stomach formed.

Baylee noticed my stressing and grabbed my hand. "Everything will be alright," she cooed.

I gave her hand a squeeze and returned to starring out the window, the knot in my stomach grew bigger with every passing second. 

We finally reached the hospital, I jumped out of the car and ran inside. I ran to the front desk "My mom! Lisa Dolan! Where is she??" 

"Room 261 -"I cut the lady off by running down the hall to the elevator.

"Ethan! Wait up!!" I heard Baylee yell behind me.

"What?! I'm kind of in a hurry????" I yelled. She backed away a bit.

"Your mom is in the west wing," she pointed in the other direction, "that way." I cut past her and ran. I heard footsteps behind me as I ran to the elevator. I pressed the button and the door opened. We went inside.

"Ethan look-" I cut Baylee off.

"I don't want to hear it." I growled. She put her hands up in defense. I stared past her at the elevator doors, waiting for them to open.

//Baylee's POV\\

I've never seen Ethan in one of these moods, but I don't really like it. I'll just leave him be until he cools off.

The elevator doors open and Ethan bolts out in search of his mom's room. I take off after him, trying to keep up. 

We finally reach his mom's room and he just stands at the door.

I put my hand on his arm, "Aren't you going to go in?" I ask him.

"Shut up," he says coldly and shakes off my hand, "What are you even doing here?! You barely know my mom! You aren't apart of this family so you should just go!!" He stares me right in the eyes.

"Oh I'm- I'll go," I say backing away. 

I turn and run straight into Grayson, he scoops me up and hugs me, crying softly into my shoulder.

"Shhh, it's okay," I say as I rub his back. I look back at Ethan and see him storming off. What's wrong with him? I think to myself.

"C'mon Gray let's go sit, your mom's still in surgery so she'll be a while," I lead him to the couch and he sits and I sit next to him. He lays his head down on my lap and I stroke his hair while we wait.